The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Himber Wallet Repair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

StephenRoy
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of StephenRoy
Greetings.

My leather Himber Wallet "hinges" are coming unglued, as the fabric is pulling out of the leather straps. Anyone have a suggestion as to the best adhesive to use to correct this? I'm tempted to go all out epoxy resin, with would be permanent, albeit rather stiff. Thought I'd ask to see what others have used.

Thanks,

Steve
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is a lot of leather and fabric glues on the market today that are flexible. Just go shopping at fabric and craft store.

I would not use epoxy resin mix. One of the new space age adhesives would be better, just read the bottle label before purchasing.
StephenRoy
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of StephenRoy
Thanks Bill,

Don't know why I never thought of that. There's a Joann, Hobby Lobby and Michaels right down the street! Must be the boater in me -- I always gravitate toward the permanent, bullet-proof solution rather than the in expensive, practical one.

Steve
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Joanne Fabrics will probably have this, but here's an Amazon link in case they don't.

https://www.amazon.com/Aleenes-15594-Lea......0178RING

It maintains its flexibility really well, without being "tacky".
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
StephenRoy
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of StephenRoy
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2018, Dustin Baker wrote:
Joanne Fabrics will probably have this, but here's an Amazon link in case they don't.

https://www.amazon.com/Aleenes-15594-Lea......0178RING

It maintains its flexibility really well, without being "tacky".

Thanks Dustin!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Himber Wallet Repair (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL