The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Practical Help Creating a Seance for this year (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Around this time of year a lot of people start posting about how to create a Séance. Or even looking for things they can twist to become scary or spooky to add into their own shows.

Right now if you don’t have a copy of any of the following may I humbly suggest you consider the following three books. These will save you a lot of time and effort when you want to get serious about this particular form of our art. And, Yes they really are practical in the real world of perfoming.

The Bigger Book of BOO! (considered a true classic)
Hidden Things – the thinking behind and performance of one person ghostly theatre.
Mysticum Artium Magister – a master course about performing séances

All of these are available at
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/teb3

And now they are all 10% off plus free shipping.

The discount code is BOOKSHIP18
The deal expires August 20th at 11:59 PM

TEB3/Lary
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thanks!!! This looks awesome. If you were to just purchase one ... Which would you choose? First...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Chicken or Egg?

BBBoB is really a far ranging book of effects, history, weird things and coming from people that people have heard of but have never actually heard. And it really was a cooperative effort that took a lot of time to put together considering the individuals involved - from Andruzzi to on and on.

MAM also get various opinions from others who are still around and most people will recognize the names just like in BBoB. But MAM's main theme is HOW you create and build a seance (and the work and pain) and do it right - and on multiple occasions for some of the same audience.

Flip a coin!

The others are darn good. Hidden Things is what I evolved as something to perform in my more "mature" years. It really is a one man show but you still have to follow a lot to of the stuff laid out in MAM.

If you want some off the wall things with a wild story theme, then Traveler's Journal really get crazy.

Slash, Hack & Saw! is really a heck of a book if you want build things. Its DIY stuff and how to watch glue dry!

Lary/TEB3/Traveler
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Very Helpful!!!!! Like my Mystic Seer you've answered a Yes or No question with the best answer .. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
He's understating Slash, Hack, & Saw! If you have woodworking skills and tools, the instructions in that book for some excellent props are extremely detailed and well laid out with lots of photos.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I'm partial to MAM, personally. But that may be because I have material in it Smile
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Practical Help Creating a Seance for this year (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL