The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best cups available for Wonders 2 cup routine? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gowenmagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of gowenmagic
Hi, I'm wondering what are the best cups on the market to Tommy Wonders 2 cup routine? as Aukes are no longer available. In the book it says to use Paul Fox, but the ones tommy actually uses are taller and if I'm about to spend 2-500 on a set of cups I'd like to make sure they are going to work.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
It isn't about the cups it is about the other items used in the routine.
It does not use conventional balls and Tommy teaches exactly what he did to make the other parts work for his cups.
He used Paul Fox cups for many man y years. Auke made a set for Tommy and then marketed them with Tommy's blessing.

Any cups will work, you will need to make the balls and the bag yourself or have them commissioned. A seamstress can make them for you if you give her/him the instructions.

The magic is you not the props.
gowenmagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of gowenmagic
Thank you! perfect, I just wanted to make sure. I'll pick up some Paul Fox cups. I've been watching Knitting videos on youtube and have read how to make the pom poms. It's not actually that hard... I think. looks super tedious though.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Tommy used taller cups most likely because the pom poms were large. The Van Dokkum pom poms are too large for standard PF cups. The second pom pom should rest above the bottom one inside the cup with a bit of room to spare.
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Stevens magic Emporium sells cups for the routine.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
An East German metal spinner named Schiller made some copper cups that were taller than normal Paul Fox cups. These were perfect for the Tommy Wonder routine, and if the information I have from a friend of mine in Dresden is correct, Tommy may have used a set of these for the routine early on. When he marketed the routine, he used Morrissey cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2018, Peckham wrote:
Stevens magic Emporium sells cups for the routine.

Stevens has them listed on their site, but they're out of stock. They were a distributor for Auke Van Dokum so unless someone else will be producing his products I'm guessing they will never be in stock.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best cups available for Wonders 2 cup routine? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL