The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Want to learn flourishing, help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stelvask
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Stelvask
I'm trying to learn flourishes to add some extra spice to my routines. I've been told I should pick up CTG by De'vo, but the stuff on there looks pretty dififcult.

Anyone have any advice on where the best place to start learning would be?

Thanks

~Dustin
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
I think De has some simpler stuff on one of his site like the pop & flip move, check it out. There is also a forum there that will probably have answers to your questions.

Take care!
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
De' has free tutorials on handlordz.com

When you buy CTG, you also get tons of bonuses like a fan tutorial that teaches 4 fans, and you get 2 very easy openers. Also several of the moves are very easy like the flipback and flick and pop, and bluff openers. You will be doing those in 5 minutes or less. It's not as difficult as it looks. Plenty of easy/intermediate stuff. There is really only a couple of tough moves on the DVD.

Get it, you won't be dissapointed. CTG rocks!

You can also get the encyclopedia of playing card flourishes which has lots of easy stuff as well: http://www.flourishman.com

CTG, make sure you get it from De'vo himself:
http://www.superhandz.com/ctgchristmas.htm
His private forum kicks. He will answer all your questions and even critique your videos/pics of moves. It's like having your own private tutor. His teaching style is also the best of any out there IMO> You can't go wrong. -also he is giving out a free encyclopedia which no one has won yet.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Phantomace has given you some great leads. Check them out.

Also check into the flourish threads here at the Café under “Pasteboard Frolics”. While there is some heated (but friendly) debate happening there from time to time, you will get a lot of ideas and leads to help you get where you want to go.

Learning flourishing is not as easy as it appears on the surface. It is more than a one hand multiple cut of a deck of cards. The focus of attention and pure discipline required is not for the easily distracted.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Mumblepeas is stearing you straight. Hang out there a bit, and you'll pick up stuff pretty quickly!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Just to say, YEAH! it does look hard. But after practise it gets easier.
Dont be put off if something looks hard. Its more often the simple 'looking' effects that require the most work or have a fiddly element.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Want to learn flourishing, help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL