The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins to cup/glass - no table, gaffless or [ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Does anyone do a coins to cup/glass without a table or surface, using just 3 or 4 coins, either pure SoH or with limited gimmicks such as an extra coin or at most an expanded [? The lack of a table eliminates normal moves such as HPC.

I have performed a basic 3 coin routine with a small chop cup (not using the gimmick) where the first coin is placed in the cup, the second via a FT, CP into the cup and the third by FT, CP and putting 2 (but actually 3) into the cup and then shaking ala David Stone to give the illusion of it travelling, but am still looking for ideas.

If so, can you suggest a reference please?
I'm interested in a routine to perform for 'real' people (paid or informal), not for magicians.
Thanks
Charlie
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
David Stone's routine (you already mentioned it) is really good:
https://youtu.be/_cIE3mf1Zo8
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have a one touch Handing In one Of my set of notes! It uses A shell Coin! PM me if you are interested And I will go and look it up for you! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
JOhn Carney in book of secrets
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Check out Fred Kaps Coin and Glass Routine in Routined Manipulation Finale by Ganson
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Dj - Yes, Mr Stone has a good routine (and many other strong ones..).
David - thank you, it sound interesting. I have sent you a PM.
fonda57 - The Book of Secrets (book/DVD) is one of the few Carney works I don't have, but continue to key my eye out on the auction sites.
Larry - thank you, I will see if I can try to track down the Ganson book. I've seen a few films of Mr Kaps at work and have always been impressed.
Charlie
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Yeah, puggo, carney's stuff goes out of print wAy too fast.
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
This was posted on the Café a couple years ago. No HPC and I don't think any gimmicks but while the table is used, not that much.
I have watched many on YouTube...as a worker, this is my favorite. Unfortunately I don't know where you can get the write up or vid explanation.

I can guess the Modus Operandi but not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP0hP_hnrZI
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Thank you Zauberman
I remember seeing this one via the Café - its one of the few routines that seem to avoid making a release from CP seem obvious.
Doug Conn's 'built to last' DVD has been a useful source as he presents 3 ways of performing his routine: just 3 coins, with a [ and with an extra. Although he uses a table & HPC, it was a very useful source of learning.

Charlie
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Filter by rick lax is great. Yes puggo, avoiding the typical and somewhat obvious release from a C. palm is desirable.
This can be done with a clear glass. maybe doing one with a CP release is ok, but not all of them.
no sh ls, just the coins and glass.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Thanks countrymaven.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
David Acer has a nice version but I called Money Flies that has some nice touches, here's a link so you can see it Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdcUsVNwcxY
Hare
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Hare
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2018, Larry Barnowsky wrote:
Check out Fred Kaps Coin and Glass Routine in Routined Manipulation Finale by Ganson

This!
"Better described in The Amateur Magician's Handbook"
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
A really great routine might combine filter by rick lax and some of his moves with Harbottle's routine. just combining some of the best of these moves. I think it is time we got away from overuse of a hand over the glass and the CP being stretched way beyond its deceptive point as in Acer's routine above. IMHO.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins to cup/glass - no table, gaffless or [ (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL