The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Greg Frewin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I will second Eric's remarks. While this device does fool those in the know, Greg devised it to fit a need for his act. To be able to work without sleeves and in warmer conditions to be able to protect the bird.

As I have said before, it is a great gimmick if you work to incorporate it into the natural flow of your act. But it is not for everyone.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi tdowell2007

Just check with Art Frewin, there is no improvement to the existing gimmick.

When I first bought the gimmick, I realised the gimmick is a little different from Greg as the device too hold the dove is build in the centre of the grip instead of all the way back as used by Greg.

I personally felt is a little flaw hence I sent back to correct it, this is important cos with the gimmick build all the way back, the sleeve can be folded up & conceal better.....Art correct it & build exactly the same as used by Greg.

Needless to say, I am very pleased with the modifcation.....guess the latest batch all build with this original feature....not sure why it was not build from the start Smile

I love the gimmick a lot & very fun to play with..easy to use & very, very deceptive (if the angle is right)...the only problem I faces is how to load the gimmick into the table & steal it seamlessly, this can be worked out Smile

A must buy for doveworker....highest recommendation! Smile
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hi dove-boy,
Thanks for the info. I am really looking forward to receiving the item. Greg said he is shipping it tomorrow (tuesday) so I have a feeling thie weekend will be spent in the magic room practicing! LOL I am glad to hear you enjoy the effect. I will let you know when it comes.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
TDowell, Im sure you recieved it.. LOL.. Im interested in your review of it..

Any help is appreciated! =]
-Vinnie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Greg Frewin (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL