The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Pre-Flop Single Card Peek (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Do you mean when using the first method in general? Or specifically in the situation where he deals a second?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
In the situation where he dealt a second. There was something else he was doing during that whole sequence that increased his chances to slightly beyond 62.5%. It's a minor thing to be sure, but cost his essentially nothing.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
If he could create more instances of red/black alternating then that would increase the odds, but I can't think how that would work practically.

The other method you mention – peeking and controlling the burn cards to be the next flop – is pretty impressive.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
For the burn card flop placement, I guess you could clean up the table by scooping the muck with the peeked burn cards, then scooping those with the board cards so they go under. Then you'd just need to false shuffle and add one extra card on top...

That would put the peeked burn cards in flop position, and I think it'd be pretty natural looking.

Still no idea on the other thing though...
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
It was simpler than that.

As before, assume your opponent takes red. You need majority of black on the flop.

Rod just waited until he found a large group of red cards in a row (like the flop plus turn card, for instance). He then would control that group to the bottom of the deck as he picked up for the next shuffle. It was trivially easy for him to control 3 or 4 (sometimes more) cards on the bottom of the deck, set and hit a brief for himself.

Now, not only is he dealing seconds whenever he sees a black card on top of the deck after the initial 2 cards, but the opponent also began with a 3 or 4 card handicap and didn't realize it. A small thing, to be sure, but worth it since it was so easy for Rod.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2018, JasonEngland wrote:

Now, not only is he dealing seconds whenever he sees a black card on top of the deck after the initial 2 cards, but the opponent also began with a 3 or 4 card handicap and didn't realize it.

Jason

Yes, but isn't that unsportsmanlike and gaining an unfair advantage.

Wait a minute! Isn't that cheating?

And here I thought, Rod the Hop was above reproach. Smile
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
A sucker has no business with money in the first place.
- Canada Bill Jones
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Pre-Flop Single Card Peek (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL