The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tic Tac Toe Mini by Bond Lee and Kai-Fu Wang (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2019, aligator wrote:

Would like to hear from more folks actually using this who have purchased relatively recently. It intrigues me and I do love a challenge of learning and presenting, but if it is too difficult to put together, much of the excitement and pleasure is removed. Perhaps, there could be some more made for sale that are already put together?

I purchased mine from a respected Café member through the Café's Buy-n-Sell. The Mini was in perfect and in new condition. You needs to put the stickers yourself.

The MINI came with two different kinds of stickers (7 of Spades and Mona Lisa). The sticker sheet has the picture divided into 9 parts and each part is required to be stuck on on their respective tiles in a set given order. Since the stickers I received were already pre-cut in 9 parts I had no problem in aligning them and sticking each sticker to its respective tile.

However I believe, sometimes you may receive a complete uncut sticker (like shown in the explanation video). If that be so, then this could be a problem in aligning the sticker on a group of 9 tiles and then cutting it with an Exacto knife so as to separate each tiles with the sticker stuck on them. This can be quite painstaking and might not align correctly at your first attempt (and you don't get a second attempt Smile). So before purchasing the MINI, I would advise to ask the seller regarding the type of sticker.

Hope the above makes sense and hope it helps.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ustaad, great info as always while some are on the fence. Much thanks.

Decomposing into 2019
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Thank you for the info Ustaad. It is helpful.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The Tic Tac Toe MINI is primarily a close-up effect. I have performed the effect for a live audience and has got me good reactions. However please understand that the Tiles cannot be given to the spectator to handle during the course of performance as it might give out the surprise ending in case the spectator turns the tile and looks at the back of the Tile.

I have Tic Tac Toe Pro version. And IMO the Pro version is one of the best that needs no spectator management. Whereas the MINI will need good spectator management.

Hope that clarifies further.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
It does. Thank you Ustaad.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Thanks Professor
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Tic Tac Toe Mini – Bond Lee

Product description: If you like Tic Tac Toe Pro (stage or parlour), you’ll love Tic Tac Toe mini. Basically, the principle is exactly the same but the size is reduced to a 6 cm x 6 cm square with 2 cm x 2 cm tiles. The idea is simple, you play a game of Tic Tac Toe with your spectator, they can play where they want but at the end, it’s a draw. When you turn over the game, there is a picture which is in the perfect order, and people could have played where they wanted. It sounds a bit weird when I’m writing it but go check the teaser, you’ll understand better.

Price and where to buy it: This is sold at $59.95 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic partner !

What you get: You get a little square cardboard box, with inside quite a few things. You get the plastic plate with magnets inside, you get the 9 tiles with magnets inside too, but they’re provided blank so you have to stick the stickers on (or under) the tiles. You’re also provide with 2 different pictures: Mona Lisa and a 7 of Spades, which you have to stick on the tiles too. A small black velvet bag and a metal plate are also provided. The explanation video is well made by Bond Lee himself but I think he over complicates the method (which is not easy) and there is a way to make it simpler. Overall, the trick is good and works great but need some work.

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnVKBHFul48

The pros and the cons: Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS:
- You have to place the tiles on the plate, people can just show you where they want to play.
- The outcome will always be the same, unless you change the stickers.

THE PROS:
- I think this is a fresh approach to a magic trick, showing that you will play a game with a spectator is a clever idea in my opinion.
- The stuff provided is really well made, you have to prepare the tiles but I think they did that so you can have the option of which picture you want.
- This is perfect for corporate magic, you can print the logo of the company on the back.
- It takes up no pocket space, the square is 6 cm x 6 cm so it can fit in any pocket.
- With the proper presentation, you can really blow away people, by telling them everything was done randomly, and still, they manage to properly setup the picture.

Overall rating: I like this one a lot, the routine is new, the outcome impressive. But I don’t think I’ll be using it, still a great trick, 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, this is quite hard to do, you have to remember a few things, I’d say 4/5 stars.

Similar products: Tic Tac Toe Pro for stage and parlour are also available so you have the choice on which version you want to perform.

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website: http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
Im confused about getting either "Tic Tac Toe Pro (Mini)" or "Tic Tac Toe Mini". I need this for virtual performances
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
I just purchased the mini and the QR code to the instructions does not work. Anyone out there who can assist? I can show proof of purchase.
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Thanks. got it.
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tic Tac Toe Mini by Bond Lee and Kai-Fu Wang (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL