The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Aperture by Eric Jones and Tango Magic (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, simplymagicweb wrote:
I think if you’re gonna get this, it should be integrated into another routine where the coin can be freely examined to start with. For example, a coin transposition with the Chinese coin changing places with say a half dollar. Anyone with Quiver could easily use it here.

Agreed. The ungimmicked coin should be handed out for inspection first.
ltchip
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of ltchip
I like marriage/engagement / holding-hands flirtatious banter possibilities....not too crazy about Chinese coins as they are suspicious and gimmicky even when they are not.

Isn't there a finger through 50cent piece out on the market? For me that would be more natural but not sure if that can be done on spec's finger. having a hole grow is sort of cool but having no hole to begin with is stronger IMO.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, EZrhythm wrote:
I'm not a fan of these new Chinese coins, but then again, I hate all change

Do you hate all "Change" as a noun (To make or become different) or as a verb (Coins as opposed to paper currency)?

Sometimes my "Inner Rainman" has to surface and question everything. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, EZrhythm wrote:
I'm not a fan of these new Chinese coins, but then again, I hate all change

Do you hate all "Change" as a noun (To make or become different) or as a verb (Coins as opposed to paper currency)?

Sometimes my "Inner Rainman" has to surface and question everything. Smile

I think you may have those backwards (nouns and verbs) but I see your point.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
It was my attempt to change up the thread and add a puny humor.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2018, pegasus wrote:
MoM have a better demo by Eric. This is good. Very clean. You know why they have holes in Chinese coins? So you can use them for Peking. Get it? I’ll get my coat.

I like Tango's performance better.
matteomencarelli
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of matteomencarelli
Has anyone received this and has any comments? Thanks!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Having seen both performances this just didn't excite me at all and I love coin magic.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Got it , but can't find the online instructions , but found everything else from Tango in the link.
Strange ,unless He calls it something else.
matteomencarelli
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of matteomencarelli
What are your impressions WayneNZ?
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Strangely there are two links provided. One of them goes to the Tangopedia the other is for the aperture routine.

I got this and it's pretty good!

Was a bit different than what I had assumed. This is pretty much a SS. I think what I had assumed may have been more interesting, albeit more complicated, but either way, what you get works just fine.

Quality is alright. The sh**l isn't a perfect cover and has it's dirty side so You'll have to watch the coin's angles to pull off what Eric does effectively. Still, definitely manageable once you get the basic handling down.

I do like this for having in my pocket ready to go. Even just playing with it is fun.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
Yes Mark Mason is the king of cheesy lines , every magician says they are corny but in reality they all use them , why ? Because they work Smile

His diarrhea joke during the No Tear 2 demo makes me laugh every time I see it.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2018, PendletonThe3rd wrote:

Was a bit different than what I had assumed. This is pretty much a SS. I think what I had assumed may have been more interesting, albeit more complicated, but either way, what you get works just fine.

Quality is alright. The sh**l isn't a perfect cover and has it's dirty side so You'll have to watch the coin's angles to pull off what Eric does effectively. Still, definitely manageable once you get the basic handling down.

Debating whether to get this or not. I may have missed it, but is it dollar or half size? Also, someone mentioned the middle may be m******c, which would be awesome, but you said it's not a perfect fit, so I'm thinking no? If not, it would make Eric's routine a bit risky, but manageable, as you said.

D.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The middle is definitely a hole. The outer part maybe.

I would definitely give out the non gimmick coin for inspection first then perform a basic switch. That would make it much stronger imo.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2018, Dominic Reyes wrote:
I've had this in my pocket over the weekend and it's a lot of fun! Very easy to do, and gets a great reaction.

I like this a LOT

Hope this helps
Dominic

Dominic,

I just watched a YouTube review of this, and the reviewer stated the edges are sharp (both outside and inside), so much that he is concerned about sliding it down a spectator's finger. Do you feel the same way about the edges?

D.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, dmoriarty1 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2018, Dominic Reyes wrote:
I've had this in my pocket over the weekend and it's a lot of fun! Very easy to do, and gets a great reaction.

I like this a LOT

Hope this helps
Dominic

Dominic,

I just watched a YouTube review of this, and the reviewer stated the edges are sharp (both outside and inside), so much that he is concerned about sliding it down a spectator's finger. Do you feel the same way about the edges?

D.

Better asking someone who doesn’t make a living by selling this item.

Dominic will tell you this is cutting edge magic. Smile
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Better asking someone who doesn’t make a living by selling this item.

Dominic will tell you this is cutting edge magic. Smile

Thanks, pegasus. Definitely not looking to be talked into anything. Just want to know honest details about this.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I had it for a short time but ended up returning it. I don't recall the edges being sharp on mine.
It's actually a pretty nice and clever prop and the reason I returned it had nothing to do with quality or terrible method or anything, I just realized that it was something I would probably never actually carry with me and do.

Since I already perform a karate coin routine, what I was going to do was add another phase and say to the spec, now let's try it with your finger but since you're a beginner we'll use a coin with hole in it, kind of like training wheels, etc. etc.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2019, videoman wrote:
I had it for a short time but ended up returning it. I don't recall the edges being sharp on mine.
It's actually a pretty nice and clever prop and the reason I returned it had nothing to do with quality or terrible method or anything, I just realized that it was something I would probably never actually carry with me and do.

Since I already perform a karate coin routine, what I was going to do was add another phase and say to the spec, now let's try it with your finger but since you're a beginner we'll use a coin with hole in it, kind of like training wheels, etc. etc.

videoman,

Thanks for the honest response. I'm glad to hear you thought it was a good prop, but just didn't fit your style. I'm considering this because the majority of my audience are Asian (mostly Japanese, but some Chinese, and Korean), so it would be easy to work in since some Japanese coins still have holes in them.

I actually like the routine you came up with! Thanks for sharing.

D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Aperture by Eric Jones and Tango Magic (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL