The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Where do you expect to find a prophet of God? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
We have been told that things are backlogged because of Hurricane Florence and that it will be the end of the month before the adjusters can get to us. Two months before anyone can fix our roof. We have everything tarped, so we are hoping that it will stop the coming rains. If I were to look for a prophet of God, I would go to the church, a temple, somewhere religious. Sometimes, God shows up at the most unexpected places.

My wife and my daughter visited her sister in the Alzheimer's unit at a local rest home two days ago. On their way out, one of the patients came up to my wife and tapped her on the arm and said, "God is going to bless you, dear!" She then just walked away. Of course, we didn't think much of it until today. Within one hour, we had adjusters for both the house and vehicle, someone who will repair the roof, plus an unexpected gift sent to us from a church member.

Coincidence? I don't think so. God shows up in the most unexpected places.

Willie
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Willie:

Thanks for the great story, and for caring to share it. People with "limitations" sometimes experience insight that escapes the rest of us.

George
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, George Hunter wrote:
Willie:

Thanks for the great story, and for caring to share it. People with "limitations" sometimes experience insight that escapes the rest of us.

George

Yes they do. What makes it more meaningful for me was that I was going through a battle that had really beat me down. This gave me the strength to fight on.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Glad to hear it, Willie.

I didn't realize that you were hit hard by the storm.

I was expecting to read something like your piranha story and get a good laugh, but this is even better than that.

All the best to you and your family!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Thanks, Jack, I live in New Bern NC. We made national news.
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
I'm glad you-re doing ok!! Best to you
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
"There Are More Things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, Than Are Dreamt of in Our Philosophy"

What a wonderful story. Unexpected blessings are the best.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:
Glad to hear it, Willie.

I didn't realize that you were hit hard by the storm.

I was expecting to read something like your piranha story and get a good laugh, but this is even better than that.

All the best to you and your family!

We were lucky. We will have to replace the roof on our house, shed, and garage; had a 2018 Toyota Corolla scratched up by flying shingles, a 2005 Custom Van damaged on one side; and a 1997 Winnebago totaled. We may also lose one of our palm trees, but hope not. Just two miles away, almost a total community was destroyed. Downtown was under 10 feet of water and 50 foot boats sitting in people's yards. However, no one was killed here.

Thanks for your prayers.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Thanks for sharing! There is power in prayer!
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Some years ago, Colorado Springs hosted the "Special Olympics." In the 100 meter race, in which all of the runners were handicapped children, a boy fell, hurt his knee, and cried out. ALL of the runners spontaneously stopped running, gathered around the boy, helped him up, and loved on him.

People were reminded of something important. Maybe competing, winning, and beating other people is not the supreme value. Maybe supporting and pulling for each other, and love and community, trump the relatively synthetic values of "normal" people.

George
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Something good to hear!!!!!!! Some say there are no such things as coincidences ....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Where do you expect to find a prophet of God? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL