The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Nonchalant Sleight of Hand Effect (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zee
View Profile
Regular user
Leonia, NJ
196 Posts

Profile of Zee
Hey, this is Zee.

Just randomly decided to share a piece I did today with you guys.

Hope you like it Smile

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpj5r1EhXd2/?taken-by=zeejyan
Zee
View Profile
Regular user
Leonia, NJ
196 Posts

Profile of Zee
Get ready is something I have been using for a few years, and I don't know if this way of getting ready for DPS exists already. I am pretty sure it exists since it is so simple. It aids the speed of the execution.

DPS itself is Dennis Kim's variation which makes the whole move much faster and smoother with a lot less finger fluttering. He finished writing his book, but he has decided not to publish it due to personal reasons.

PtP Txxxxxxr is from By Forces Unseen by Ernest Earick.

Production is also from By Forces Unseen by Ernest Earick.

Just in case anyone wants to check out those sources haha

I just love BFU so much!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
NICE! Very smooth DPS and reveal.. Angle was ideal for the execution.
Great job.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Beautiful.

My only advice is to avoid the "full" look your right hand suffers from in the seconds before the production. Everything is so slow and deliberate (a good thing) that our eyes naturally linger on the approaching right hand. Consequently, you should strive to make that hand look as empty as possible.

Wonderful stuff. Thank you for sharing.
ShaunR
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of ShaunR
Can see the holdout device hooked around your thumb, bro Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, Zee wrote:
Get ready is something I have been using for a few years, and I don't know if this way of getting ready for DPS exists already. I am pretty sure it exists since it is so simple. It aids the speed of the execution.

DPS itself is Dennis Kim's variation which makes the whole move much faster and smoother with a lot less finger fluttering. He finished writing his book, but he has decided not to publish it due to personal reasons.

PtP Txxxxxxr is from By Forces Unseen by Ernest Earick.

Production is also from By Forces Unseen by Ernest Earick.

Just in case anyone wants to check out those sources haha

I just love BFU so much!

The get ready is Paul Chosse's and is published in John Luka's L.I.N.T.
Very nice indeed.
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
If you could introduce tells to the steal and transfer it would make me feel better about myself as a magician. Please see to that.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1945 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Very smooth! Thanks for sharing.
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
I enjoyed that. Thank you.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
What Burnaby said....
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Very smoooooth
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Anytime someone posts a great-looking move (like this one!) on the Café, the one thing they nearly all have in common is a complete lack of tension.

Many people can develop the dexterity to do "the moves", but doing so without betraying any rigidity or tension is something far more difficult.

Very nicely done.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
694 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Zee,
This looks great. Well done!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Have to agree with the general sentiment here...This is very good, smooth alright! This is a wonderfully magical way of producing the card.

Man, I tellya... I know all the greats are great for a reason, but if those guys could check their egos at the door and just watch some of these kids, they'd see stuff they could once only dream of happening with a deck cards. Smile Sure, there are more elements to go into their presentations but they will learn all that as well as they go, we all did.

I remember once one of the big boys here was lamenting how much he didn't like the emerging interest of cardistry, that it wasn't magic, yada, yada, yada...He was particularly speaking of The Buck Twins. My only point to him was, that before the Bucks started showing their unique talent with cards, do you really think they couldn't do and ACR, ACAAN, Open Prediction, or any of the classic or run-of-the-mill card tricks out there as well as anyone doing it really good? Clearly for these guys, all that was child's play...and that's how they opened the way to another dimension with that same deck of cards that's always been there for everyone to play with. Just sayin'. Smile

Anyway, just excellent Zee. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
shaunluttin
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of shaunluttin
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, The Burnaby Kid wrote:
If you could introduce tells to the steal and transfer it would make me feel better about myself as a magician. Please see to that.

I'm not sure what I enjoyed more: watching the video or reading this response.

Here is a 29-minute live performance of mine: https://youtu.be/lq2Rj1uf05M

I used to be quite sensitive to criticism; I am much less so now; so, please do criticize my technique, presentation, and posts. It helps me to grow, and I promise to take responsibility and not to be defensive.

The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
I live to serve.

No seriously. If I stop serving, they kill me. Send help.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Nonchalant Sleight of Hand Effect (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL