The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Colorful overlay for plain wood box ?? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jello
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Jello
Howdy all- some help needed to make a rolling stage case look colorful

I have a wooden rolling stage case...Part of it is plywood painted black.. Part of it is thin panel again painted black.

I want to cover the wood with a shiny metal flake type of covering...must be durable. needs to be cut to fit the panels
and somehow glued into place.

None of my searches are showing anything ... contact paper is a little too thin.. I'm hoping to get something
more durable and scratchproof. something about 1/32 in thickness is fine... shiny red metallflake.

All my searches do not turn anything up... any suggestions are welcome....

thanking you in advance
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have to say, that nothing is scratch proof, that I have ever found. You just make a cover for your case to protect it, with padding. An Aweing company can sew heavy material. Also a good seamstress, can make one with foam padding, and jean like heavy weight material for extra protection.

As far as metal flaking, go to a really great furniture re-cover upholster store. They have a huge sample books of what coverings are available. If you have never covered a case before, the store could do it for you as well.

I one seen a flake type vinyl reflective that could be glued on your case, they had several different colors, red silver, blue, etc.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
How about cabinet carpet? This is very durable and looks great. The outer casings of speakers for bands have this on thems. I have covered many carrying cases/performance tables with this.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Have you tried searching for metalflake laminate? There are self-adhesive vinyls used for cars, boats, etc. Maybe you can get some of the companies to send you samples so you can see if it'll work for you.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I use clear fiberglass resin to coat a piece of decorative fabric cloth on my roll on case. In this way, you get to choose any decorative fabric and laminate it on plywood. Durability depends on how thick you want the coat to be. All you need is a paint brush and rubber rollers and cellophane sheets aside from the fabric and resin.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Colorful overlay for plain wood box ?? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL