The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What do coin dealers call..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
What do coin dealers call used coins?

We call them soft but I know that's not what coin dealers call them.

Also are there any foreign coins that are silver dollar size?

Thanks,

Jeff
Dawai
View Profile
Regular user
Honolulu,Hawaii
131 Posts

Profile of Dawai
Big Jeff
Coin Dealers call them circulated coins.
TricksDaniel
View Profile
Loyal user
Pensacola,FL
248 Posts

Profile of TricksDaniel
There are 2 that are almost silver dollar size that I know of. One is a mexican coin that has 20 Copia on it. The other is a chinese coin and I have know way of knowing what it says.Hope this helps.
Owner DC_ILLUSIONS
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Ask to see their Junk Silver.

Chris
jcb
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of jcb
Other coins the size of a silver dollar : I use mid-19th to early 20th century european coins like French 5 Francs coins (Louis Philippe, Napoleon III, etc.), British crowns and other european coins of the same period are the same size. Austrian silver Maria-Theresa Thalers are a wee bit thinner and larger. Some of these coins are reasonably priced, last month I paid 5 to 6 euros each for such soft coins. The older the coins the more they vary in size and shape from sample to sample (mass production consistency was not achieved yet), beware of coins produced before 1880 if you need precise dimensions.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Someone here mentioned coin dealers call the really old ones (the ones we seek out for VCA or 3Fly) "slicks"
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
My dealer calls them "something Mike will probably buy the next time he stops in Smile

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
bcharles
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
59 Posts

Profile of bcharles
Mike,

That's too funny.

However, it is also what is said about me. I was just in my local shop yesterday.

Brian
Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
Most call them "culls" or "slicks". If you do a search on e-bay for culls under coins several will pop up. I got some nice soft barber halfs off ebay the other day.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
There are tons of 'em on ebay... just search Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What do coin dealers call..... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL