The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Regina Conference? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TrickyFingers
View Profile
New user
Canada
5 Posts

Profile of TrickyFingers
While I know about FISM 2021, I thought I heard about something in Regina in 2019? Is there something happening? I can't seem to find anything on this.

Thanks in Advance. I could have the wrong location too. Any help is appreciated Smile
Do you believe in Magic?
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Yes, there is something happening. There's not much information to go on right now, but I think this is what you mean:

https://www.reginacadabra.com/cam2019/cam2019-signup/
TrickyFingers
View Profile
New user
Canada
5 Posts

Profile of TrickyFingers
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2018, mantel wrote:
Yes, there is something happening. There's not much information to go on right now, but I think this is what you mean:

https://www.reginacadabra.com/cam2019/cam2019-signup/

YESSS! This is it. Thanks Mantel.

I can't afford to go to the ones in the US this year, so hopefully can go to this Smile
Do you believe in Magic?
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Things have recently changed, and I'm sure an update will soon be released.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
For those who want to know. CAM will not be held in Regina, Saskatchewan in 2019
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2018, Danny Kazam wrote:
For those who want to know. CAM will not be held in Regina, Saskatchewan in 2019

I assume the dates(July 24-27, 2019) will be changing as well?
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2018, mantel wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2018, Danny Kazam wrote:

I assume the dates(July 24-27, 2019) will be changing as well?

I'm not sure. I don't think a new location has even been decided yet.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Interesting. I wonder why the decision was made to select another location???
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2018, Doug Arden wrote:
Interesting. I wonder why the decision was made to select another location???

Brent rescinded his bid. It was more than he could take on.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
There's no money in it for Brent, and that's most likely why he rescinded his bid.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2018, Doug Arden wrote:
There's no money in it for Brent, and that's most likely why he rescinded his bid.

The person who was going to help organize it backed out due to other commitments, leaving the whole thing up to Brent.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Whether Brent does it himself, or has ten people helping him organize it, at the end of the day, there's still no money in it it for him.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
At the end of the day Brent is a business man. Can't fault him for that. The decision was made after speaking with Murray Hatfield. It had more to do with other things than money.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Yes, exactly my point, Brent is a businessman. I most certainly don't fault him for that either. Why would he organize this event for no remuneration? No matter what they tell you, it's always about the money.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2018, Danny Kazam wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2018, Doug Arden wrote:

The person who was going to help organize it backed out due to other commitments, leaving the whole thing up to Brent.

So, there was only ONE CAM member in SK that offered to help, and that person had to back out due to other commitments. OK, but I was given the impression there was a newly formed CAM chapter in SK with many new members. Were none of them available to offer their assistance in putting the Convention together?
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
The person I refer to is an event planner. She's not a CAM member. We are in fact organizing an official magic club in Saskatchewan. Members have agreed to revive the old IBM chapter. In short, there were several factors that ultimately influenced the decision to not hold the CAM convention in Regina.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
So, the event planner wouldn't organize and run the Convention for nothing either. What a surprise.

Virtually every other magic convention requires volunteers to help manage and run the Convention. Are all the soon the be reawakened IBM Ring 309 new members not willing or able to do that?
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
No, that's not the reason why. Everything does not just come down to money. I'm also pretty sure members of our club would of been happy to help out in anyway we could of. Our club does have some exciting projects and idea's planned for the future though.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
I know Brent, very, very well. Believe what you want.

All the best with your future exciting projects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Regina Conference? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL