The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Airship Magic Jim Zee Roth Style Okito Box Set (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
New From Airship Magic limited to 12 sets.

The Roth Style coin boxes in the original Jim Zee tradition are ready. These have been turned using Jim's original blueprints that he left my father just before his passing. The set includes 3 boxes, regular Okito, Slot Okito, Boston Box and Lid. No routine is included. This can be found in David Roth's Expert Coin Magic volume. Only 12 of the Half dollar size have been produced.
Coins not included.
Each box has its own velvet storage bag and has been turned from the best brass stock available and balanced perfectly to meet Jim's standards that he held so dear

You can find them here. https://airshipmagic.com/store/home/66-z......lar.html
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
If I remember right, you can get a book of routines using these boxes from Daytona Magic that was complied by Jim.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just purchased a set. Will they tarnish over time? Do ou need to polish them?

Thank you.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, magicinsight wrote:
I just purchased a set. Will they tarnish over time? Do ou need to polish them?

Thank you.
Michael

Michael,
thank you for your support. They will need to be polished occasionally. Keeping them in their velvet bags will slow any tarnishing.

Kindest Regards,
Jake Jr.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
We are now including 5 Silver Kennedy Halves with the sets at no extra charge.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2018, Mad Jake wrote:
We are now including 5 Silver Kennedy Halves with the sets at no extra charge.

Jake, does that incldue orders that were previously made? I am looking forward in receiving the set.

Thank you.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Michael, it was your set that made us decide to supply silver coins with the sets. You're a Trend Setter Michael, who knew?

Jake Jr.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2018, Mad Jake wrote:
Michael, it was your set that made us decide to supply silver coins with the sets. You're a Trend Setter Michael, who knew?

Jake Jr.

Haha. Now I can tell my wife and teenage sons. I look forward in getting the set and using them. The set looks beautiful and very reasonably priced.

Thank you.
Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Magic elves delivered my Jim Zee Roth style Okito Boxes today....and with the complimentary silver half dollars. The boxes and lid are beautiful. The weight and balance are perfect. I am very happy with this amazing set. The boxes, lid, and half dollars came in individual velvet bags. Highly recommended.
Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Michael.
Glad the Elves showed up and you're happy with what they left you. You're support is greatly appreciated by all of us here.

Jake Jr. & Crew
ficklestheclown
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of ficklestheclown
I got my set of these on Friday and they are great! I own a ton of Okito boxes so Ill go over some of the basics here with this set. I am very pleased with the quality! This is the set to buy if you have the chance!

Some bullet points:

1) The lid is deep enough to steal exactly one Kennedy half dollar. This is great as some lids are too deep and will steal two coins accidentally (see Box by Sinbad Max for example)
2) Each box is exactly the same size as they should be. From the side all three boxes look exactly the same. So this is a perfect set of boxes, the lid fits the same on all 3 boxes.
3) The Boston box has space for exactly one coin as expected and the space between the coin and outer wall of the box is exactly the same when the box is turned over. So there is no descrepency.
4) The boxes are all smooth, there are no rough edges like you find on the "tango" sets. These are "finished" and smoothed corners.
5) They are super light weight.
6) All 3 boxes are wide enough to hold an expanded shell and 4 halves stacked.
7) The rim of the boxes are wide enough for an easy rim steal.
8) The slot depth is just right for my liking. The Buddha box for example seems too deep and requires a bit of effort to drop the coin at times, this one is just right for a Kennedy half.

that's about all I can think of at the moment. The boxes are exactly as you would want them!

I would love to see a "sucker box" or "plug box" available in this same exact size Smile
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
We're almost sold out of the 12 sets. If the last 4 sets sell and there is enough interest, I'll do some plug and sucker boxes just for the 12 sets sold. They'll match the sets.
Pekrist
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Pekrist
I have watched David Roth using this set on a video (Penguin live online lecture) that I downloaded from Penguin. He says in this video that the box is big enough to take a shell. So I wonder, does a shell follow the set?
And is it possible to buy one or more of these coins extra if necessary?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
If you're a coin worker a Shell should be in your collection Smile We include the Kennedy halves, but these will work with Walkers as well. The shell isn't included, nor has it ever been with
these type of sets. The Dollar size boxes are the same way, they will take a shell and the Quarter size boxes too. You can use a shell on the outside of the Boston box as well if you wanted.
I turned these boxes to the exact Jim Zee blueprints that Jim gave my father over a decade ago.

We're down to 2 sets of the 12 I made. After they sell out, I'm going to poll the buyers to see if anyone has an interest in a plug box and sucker box.
Pekrist
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Pekrist
No, I’m not a coin worker, and does not have a shell. I’m not familiar with these boxes, coins, shells etc at all, but just wonder if I should try to learn it. But I don’t know where to buy coins etc and make sure I get the right ones.
And I live in Norway, and am not familiar with dollars and half dollars, sizes and so on.
I saw David Roth used a shell coin int this set I wrote about, (but maybe I’m wrong and he used another set of boxes)?
I have looked at these boxes for a long time, but have not bought anything yet, just because I don’t know what to buy.
If I would want to buy a shell from you, what is the price?
And I want to ask you (or some others), is it very difficult to learn routines for these boxes? I’ve become quite good in c&b, chop cup, Al Schneiders ball routines etc, but know that this and coins are two very different things to do.
I also think, perhaps I’m waisting a lot of money here, and instead could buy a much cheaper set? I don’t know...

I have also looked at Leather/Delin coin cylinder, and suppose all coins and shell/gimmicks I need here, are included?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
The Roth Routine is a lot of practice. I started when I was 15 and still haven't mastered it to my own satisfaction. 125.00 is a lot if you are just starting out.
The Ramsay Stacks we make come with everything you need, but don't let the visual simplicity of the effect fool you, this too takes practice.

There are a lot of coin workers here that I'm sure wold be willing to help you in the right direction to getting started. I grew up around magic, so I've had access
to it, but as a beginner it can be confusing. One things I can pass onto you that my father passed onto us, practice practice, practice. Don't always rely on gimmicks
they are not always needed but are most certainly helpful.

If there is something in particular you would like to know, just PM me.

Jake Jr.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Since all the sets have sold. If anyone is interested in a matching Plug and Sucker box let me know.

Merry Christmas to all.

Jake Jr. & Crew
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Jim Zee Sucker Coin & Plug Box. Only 12 sets have been made for the 12 original Roth Style Box sets that sold out.
Each set includes 1 under sized box and 1 solid plug box.

https://airshipmagic.com/store/home/118-......box.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Airship Magic Jim Zee Roth Style Okito Box Set (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL