The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » A Magical Greeting From a Prodigal Bum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

W.T.Flux
View Profile

Michigan
0 Posts

Profile of W.T.Flux
Hi,
My name is Jeff and I'm older than reconstituted dino dung. That's "dirt" for the less than scientifically minded among us. Been in and out of magic, more out than in actually, for close to 50 big ones now. I've always been the type of mental case that when I do get into something, unless it's something that can be readily removed from my footwear, I tend to go ""all in" and get all hallelujah about it. Once again, I find myself all into magic. This is a wonderful thing in my estimation. Not because of my obsessive tendency to go overboard, but rather the magic itself, and the incredible performance art form that it consists of.

Remember that old show that was hosted by Bill Bixby in the early to mid 70s? I believe it was called The Wonderful World Of Magic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xytZ9tlNPUg When I were a far younger magically entranced and riddled individdle, I lived for that show, and every single smidgen of inspiration that I could possibly glean from it. I learned of many, many, classic magicians. Including a magician that would become my first ever idol, who IMO was, and most likely will always be, one of the finest performers to have ever graced any stage, anywhere. Richard Ross. Man was that guy ever BADA$$!! I couldn't watch Richard without being utterly mouth agape mesmerized by the sheer grace of his performances. Magic just dripped from this guy. For me, he defined the magician's magician.

I would go on to get bitten hard by the close up bug, which is still my absolute favorite presentation style. Ah yes, I do in fact remember the Johnson Product's, as well as Sterling Creations heyday. The precision tolerances of those early products was unbelievable, absolutely over the top quality.

Later on in the early 90s, after one of my hiatuses that was most likely due to playing music as a musician which I have done now for better than 40 years, I met, and became real friends with a local magic man by the name of Clare Cummings. Clare introduced me to another local gentleman and friend by the name of Milt Kort. These two guys were so MAGIC! I could sit and listen to them in Clare's basement magic room for hours on end, let a alone do my best to learn every trick they showed me.

Now, after many years of wandering off the path... Holy Hades, a great deal has transpired since this caveman left town! And that's precisely why I'm here. To learn from other magicians, and to share in their excitement for this endless world of misdirected amazement, and utterly befuddling chicanery.

Jeff Smile
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. I think it's in my basement... let me go upstairs and check.

M.C. Escher
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome W.T. flux,

I loved that Bill Bixby Show and I was not even a Magician yet ( but I would be soon).

There seems to be a lot of cross over interest between Magic and Music. I think an interest in Girls and growing Family commitments are only things mentioned more as the reason for falling out of practice.

- Mary Mowder
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Welcome W.T. Given you post, I can imagine your patter to be quite entertaining. You'll enjoy the Café
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » A Magical Greeting From a Prodigal Bum (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL