The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Revolutionary Card Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
595 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
I have heard a great deal about this classic text. I am curious as to the skill level required to benefit from reading this book. As a frame of reference, I am a beginning hobbyist who has gone through the Royal Road and Card College 1 and 2, but I still cannot do a decent classic pass nor do I know how to do a side steal. Is this book worth the investment?
So many sleights...so little time.
"Slow...deliberate...natural." Bill Tarr

Cheers,
Teddy
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Perhaps I mention a side steal or a Classic Pass perhaps three times in the literally thousands of effects/routines/ideas I've taught/written about in numerous books. I can do card stuff with a borrowed deck for many hours straight without repeating myself and without ever using either of the above. Something to think about.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
595 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
Thanks Harry. I have read the Magic Book, and I am re-reading Close-Up Card Magic right now and have just received vol. 2 of your Classic Collection. As far as Ed Marlo's book, I think I got the bug to try it, but I think it is beyond me.

Cheers,
Teddy
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
595 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
By the way, I meant Revolutionary Card Technique (not "Magic"). It is a moot point since I cannot find a reasonably priced copy.

Cheers,
Teddy
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
You can do incredible card magic with a limited arsenal of sleights. Certain advanced sleights can produce miracles. Watching the top sleight guys is jaw-dropping. They are amazing.

Harry doesn't use a pass, or a diagonal palm shift, or a....

He dropped more jaws than most put together. I say that to illustrate that advanced sleights are NOT required to entertain. They ARE an natural extension of one's intellectual and physical curiosity.

You can take this hobby/profession as far as you desire. I am sure Harry will agree with that.. he DID publish Apocolypse.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
RCT is an advanced card text.It can give you a sense of what doors can still be opened. Worth having on the shelf for aspirational value.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Revolutionary Card Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL