The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Please help identifying mystery gaffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Many years ago, I bought Michael Ammar’s “Easy To Master Card Miracles volume 2” (so long ago that it may have been on VHS tape). It was supposed to have come with the gaffs needed for its advertised bonus effecf of Macdonald’s Aces, but didn’t. Through some oversight, it instead arrived with the following three gaff cards:

A double-sided 6C/5D
A double-sided 5C/6D
A double-sided 6H/blank

Any idea what effect this these gaff cards might have been used/intended for?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
As a suggestion, ask Mr. Ammar, maybe he will know?
Ammarmagicoffice@gmail.com

Good luck Smile
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Karnak;
I had the same similar difference in my set when I bought the tapes, yes they were the VHS
tapes back then. Anyway when I asked, I was told that you just have to substitute the cards that
come with your tape, so in your case you would substitute the 6's for the aces.

In my case I was sent 2's, anyway the explanation for this is really that to have cards printed
specifically for an effect is not cheap, so cards that were in the standard double face decks were
I'm sure substituted so that we would all have something to work with.

If you need a set of double face aces, drop me a note with your address and I'll send you a set,
I have plenty on hand, no charge.

On the other hand, you'll get a laugh out of this. I was doing the routine for a club meeting &
was planning on teaching it afterwards, when one of the members asked what trick it was. I told them
it was MacDonald's Aces, and I was told that it could not be since no aces were used. Sometimes it
amazes me when people cannot think outside the box. In this case it fooled about half of them that
were there because it used 2's instead of aces, yet all the moves were the same.

Let me know if you need a set of aces, have a Happy, Healthy & Safe Christmas & New Year.
All the Best
Marty
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Thanks for the kind offer, Marty, but I do also have a few sets of the necessary cards for Macdonald's Aces myself.

One set came with Ammar's ETMCM vol 2, when I upgraded it from VHS to DVD. (And it came with four cards.)

The three "mystery gaffs" have languished for years in a drawer. They would seem an odd choice for a simple substitute for Mac's Aces; why would one be blank on the back, for instance?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Please help identifying mystery gaffs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL