The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Coin Trick that Helps All Coin Tricks - CopelandCoins.com Viajero Beeswax Palming Purse (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I have been using mink oil (Kiwi) and Lexol products for years to protect my leather items.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I am a hobbist so I could be missing something but a coin wallet $40 because it has beewax, sounds expensive. Again my lack of experience could influence my view.
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Jerry, the mink oil and such are great products for leather. They are going to accomplish a different goal (soften the leather) and may not put the best oils on your hand to aid in sleight of hand. We want the wax to stiffen the wallet a bit, make it open as a cup. A great prop for many routines to have in your pocket. And the wax doesn't leave an oil residue on your fingers, rather increases your grip!
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Pabloinus. I believe price is awesome because it is a quality product. Coin purses sell for 30 and 40 that are lesser quality and not real leather. Mine is chalk full of more value.

My wallets are 100% real goatskin.
Completely handmade and hand stained.
Then the Beeswax Finish is a dual and sometimes triple coated, hand-crafted process. Your paying for labor, premium material and wax, and time. Lots of time... on a small batch, artisan product. I'm not trying to produce a cheap product and it's not a mass produced cog. I feel like it's priced very affordable for the energy this product demands to create.

I have been carrying some of my Traveler wallets for over 15 years now.

I hope that shares where we are coming from and I hope the wallets can all last a long time and continue to bring value!
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I am a self admitted wallet nut-job. I have boxes of wallets.
I have a lot of experience with various vendors and products (cough- RFA Productions-cough-the best cough).
Copleland makes a very good quality item that to me is worth the price.

Although I have not been in procession long enough to see if the Traveler "burns" coins.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Jeff, thank you for your reply an explanation. I just put my comment based onmy experience and skill.
I am sure most of the members realized the value of Viajero
Happy New Year
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2018, Jerry wrote:
Although I have not been in procession long enough to see if the Traveler "burns" coins.

Not sure what you mean by "burns", but I've had my Morgan shell set in a Traveler for well over a year (maybe closer to two?) and I've noticed no change in the coins' appearance.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
What I mean by using the term "burn" is the oxidization of the coin coming in contact with the leather. This has happened every time unless there is a lining.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
OK, that's what I thought... Again, no issues with my Morgans and the Traveler. Can't speak to copper coins, though if you get Jeff's Tiger Tan copper coins their coating will protect them in whatever coin purse you use.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2019, Jerry wrote:
What I mean by using the term "burn" is the oxidization of the coin coming in contact with the leather. This has happened every time unless there is a lining.

I am a wallet nut too. And an RFA fan and their wallets are in my multiple pockets as we speak. My fav being a steel lined slide version . . . zipped all around! God what a wallet!

RE "burn" the oxidization of silver happens with air in any wallet. Sme longer or slower. In general I keep a;; coins in plastic air reduced coin sleeves and add tarnish strips by 3, near but not in touch with the coins. I've had my wallet from Copeland for about a month now and have one silver at the bottom that I keep there (a Peace dollar). I just checked it and both sides fine. I think the beeswax keeps a solid barrier against leakage from the leather dye. That burn you speak of might be leather dye adhering to the coin from sweat, heat in your pocket.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I picked up a black "real leather" ten pocket folding coin holder several years ago on sale at a local shop for like $10 and filled it up with walkers. A few weeks later they looked absolutely horrid. I wasn't even sure I could fix them but some polish and elbow grease did the job. I have been very careful to test out every coin wallet since. I have had ZERO problems with Jeff's "Traveler" or the beeswax wallets I recently got.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Coin Trick that Helps All Coin Tricks - CopelandCoins.com Viajero Beeswax Palming Purse (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL