The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Collectible Magic (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
My wife and I just filmed this brief video ..... The first effect is Space Coins from Mephysto of Belgium, a very unusual effect. You will also see Marshall's Blooming Bush.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nq9qv_k6WJc

Chuck C.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

You will be seeing a lot more collectible props from my archives I plan on putting on video
RICH 644
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of RICH 644
If anyone is into Mysto Magic sets from 1910 - 1950s check out Peter Quinn's Auction of several hundred classic sets, Sunday Jan.20 at Leonards Auctions in Addison, IL. There will be on line and call in bids. Pete was an AC Gilbert Heritage Club member and collected these magic sets for many years. This is a HUGE collection, and you can see it on line. Some of you may remember WLS News Anchor John Drury who collected Mysto Magic and had a large auction in Chicago in 2008. Pete was at that auction and now his collection is larger. I'm sure this auction will put more of these vintage magic sets into circulation. Have fun watching.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I have never attempted to collect 'magic', as, IMO, 'magic' only 'happens' in the mind(s) of the spectators.
I have collected a few antique props (e.g. DEMON WONDER BOX) with which to perform tricks. Most of my show is performed using generic props, e,g. rope, silks, balls, coins, etc.

My PRESENTATION of the trick(s) creates the 'magic' which helps me ENTERTAIN MY AUDIENCES..

I learned many years ago that 'magic' is NOT INHERENTLY ENTERTAINING!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

You will love this....part of my Anverdi "collectible"magic:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32829591@N......-public/
RICH 644
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of RICH 644
I'm new to this forum, and have enjoyed the photos of "Magic Collectibles" on this page. I would like to share some photos of some of my early "Mysto Magic" sets, and props. I'm not real good at using the computer, so could someone please help me out. Thank you very much.
RICH 644
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
321 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Rich have you tried posting in the Tech Help area? It's in the top section of the forum index under "Welcome to the Magic Café"
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
As I expected, my little explanation on February 9, was a waste of my time!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
RICH 644
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of RICH 644
Dick Oslund, I did enjoy reading your explanation about magic happening in the minds of the spectators. A good magician can perform "Magic" using his hands and a few common objects, as you mentioned. I don't know why you thought it was a waste of your time?
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Frankly, I have no idea what this man is talking about and why he has latched onto my videos....whatever floats your boat! First of all the "collectible" magic I demonstrate is exactly that....collectible....I DO NOT USE THESE ITEMS IN MY REGULAR SHOW(S). I clearly explain this on the videos, even if I did it is none of your business! Apparently your babblings are wasting everyone's time, get a life and mind your own business. I do not know you nor do I want to. People constantly ask me to demonstrate my collection on video and that is what I am doing and plan on doing more, if you do not like it...DO NOT WATCH!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Collectible Magic (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL