The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Greater Magic Richard John Northern Hilliard Kaufman Reprinted! (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Looks like "Greater Magic" is being reprinted by Richard Kaufman this year! I had many copies over the years, and the 5 book set so I am looking forward to the two larger 8.5 X 11 versions coming! Saw him post about it on FB and should be coming this year! "Coming in late 2019: an ENORMOUS new version of Greater Magic!" There will be several hundred more pages in two books! I always said the book should be made in a bigger format like say the Apocalypse set, so it easier to read and lay out then the little "thick brick" book format. But I still loved it, and it fit on any shelf. It is a travesty and a tragedy when such great books go OOP, and then sky-rocket in price if you can even find them. I have been waiting for this for a long time, so I am looking forward to the new "ENORMOUS" versions soon! Smile Smile Smile
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Thanks Brad, this is great news!! My old copy has been well worn Smile
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
This is very GREAT News. Thank you Brad.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Doubling the size of the book: originally 400,000 words. Will now be 800,000 words.
Also, likely three volumes.
Dragging everything up to date.
g.albinana
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of g.albinana
Hi, is anything more know about this? I am really interested, thanks
mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of mikesmithmagic
This is superb news!
"I seriously love the disarming flexibility of Mick Wilson's SDP...one of those rare card-handling procedures that exemplifies the concept of 'why run when no one is chasing you'. SDP is an open-handed utility tool that conjurers will use to great advantage when creating new effects in the years to come."

Mick Ayres, South Carolina, 2016
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

If anyone on The Magic Café has suggestions about material they might like to see included in the new edition of Greater Magic, I'd be happy to read your suggestions. Please email me at moobooks@verizon.net
Thanks.
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
Hi all,

Did this happen? Or are there any updates? I don't think I ever saw a publishing announcement.

Thanks!
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2020, conjurormatt wrote:
Hi all,

Did this happen? Or are there any updates? I don't think I ever saw a publishing announcement.

Thanks!

According to RK himself on The Genii Forum it is due to come out at the end of 2021.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Don't rush it but hurry up lol. Can't wait!
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Any updates?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Totally pumped about this, but know like everything else due to COVID, Richard's world is upside down. I hope it still has a 2021 ETA.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yea hopefully this year at least as I can't wait for the bigger versions, and is easier to read than the little brick.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Any updates?
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Richard is continuing to work on these. He frequently talks about what he’s working on in his video version of Genii Speaks. An ad in Genii said that they are expected to be coming out in 2025 and that it will be 3 gigantic volumes. The wait will be worth it!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
OK cool, I am still "waiting" 4 years and counting so what's another 2 year delay? Lol.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
"Greater Magic will be three 900-page volumes and is scheduled for the end of 2025. We are unsure of the price at this time. The Dingle book should be arriving within the next few weeks."

Wow sounds great and 2700 pages that is HUGE! Hopefully they are bigger books and easier to read like the Apocalypse size, can't wait! The little thick book is great too but harder to read and keep open but still looks cool.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I was SUPER stoked to find a sealed copy of "Greater Magic" as I only ever had one other sealed version since 1994, but I opened it for reading as I will also be doing with this one. I sold my others awhile ago and was looking to get this book back and just happened to see it and was glad that I did! So this will hole me over until 2025 lol.

Click here to view attached image.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

The new edition of Greater Magic will measure 7 x 10. The original was 6 x 9. With new crisp type it will be easy to read. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Greater Magic Richard John Northern Hilliard Kaufman Reprinted! (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL