The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cool TT effects? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
I hope this post is in the right place. Any cool ideas for effects using the TT? What have you created? Perhaps nesting two TT's? Using other digits? Multiple TT's?
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
This uses a sponge ball, silk, and TT.
Spread silk over fist.
Punch a TT hole in silk and fist.
Insert sponge ball and grab corner of silk.
You can open the hand wide while holding the corner.
Slowly pull silk from fist.
ITS GONE.

Yes this is simple trick. When I use this the audience does not want to see another trick.
They want to know where the ball is.
I presented this at a lecture at a convention some place.
After my lecture I wandered by Al Goshman's booth to say hi.
While standing talking to Al, someone stopped by to thank me for the trick.
Goshman then said to me, "Oh, you're the reason everyone wants a silk and sponge ball."
Yea, I know, its not earth shaking but it sells really well.
Oh, and when you slowly pull the silk out of your hand, you can ditch the dirty work in your breast pocket.
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2019, Al Schneider wrote:
This uses a sponge ball, silk, and TT.
Spread silk over fist.
Punch a TT hole in silk and fist.
Insert sponge ball and grab corner of silk.
You can open the hand wide while holding the corner.
Slowly pull silk from fist.
ITS GONE.

Yes this is simple trick. When I use this the audience does not want to see another trick.
They want to know where the ball is.
I presented this at a lecture at a convention some place.
After my lecture I wandered by Al Goshman's booth to say hi.
While standing talking to Al, someone stopped by to thank me for the trick.
Goshman then said to me, "Oh, you're the reason everyone wants a silk and sponge ball."
Yea, I know, its not earth shaking but it sells really well.
Oh, and when you slowly pull the silk out of your hand, you can ditch the dirty work in your breast pocket.

Very nice. I like it Mr. Al Schneider Thanks so much for sharing!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Most here are familiar with the Grandma's Necklace principle used in a Blocko type penetration.
The double loop is created "on the fly" while inserting the cord/rope.
This requires that the hole be small enough to keep the bind in place - a requirement that limits the objects used.

A TT inserted into a large hole can serve to keep the bind in place with objects like a napkin ring, toilet paper tube, stack of bangles, etc.
The end of the TT is actually seen inside of this 'tube" when view from the end. This also frees up your actual thumb for other dirty work.

I have also used the "visible TT" principle when holding a basket with a handle. The audience sees the tip of the TT past the handle, allowing for steals with the real thumb.
Of course, you need some way of holding the TT in place such as brown Tac or velcro patch.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2019, funsway wrote:
Most here are familiar with the Grandma's Necklace principle used in a Blocko type penetration.
This requires that the hole be small enough to keep the bind in place - a requirement that limits the objects used.

A TT inserted into a large hole can serve to keep the bind in place with objects like a napkin ring, toilet paper tube, stack of bangles, etc.
The end of the TT is actually seen inside of this 'tube" when view from the end. This also frees up your actual thumb for other dirty work.

I have also used the "visible TT" principle when holding a basket with a handle. The audience sees the tip of the TT past the handle, allowing for steals with the real thumb.
Of course, you need some way of holding the TT in place such as brown Tac or velcro patch.

Ken, I'm not following you on this part: Most here are familiar with the Grandma's Necklace principle used in a Blocko type penetration.

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Can't be too explicit in an open forum. Consider a tube with your thumb inside. When viewed from the spectator end the tip of the thumb can be seen onside the tube,
but a TT can replace your real thumb. The TT makes the inside diameter small enough to hold the loops of rope in place. When the tube is viewed from the side the TT is not seen
and it appears as if the rope is just double looped through the tube. Without the TT the rope loops would just fall out.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
While not an "effect" I have seen TT used to wedge a final load in a cup. The cup can be moved around as empty and even used in some C&B moves.
Then the TT is easily removed before the final placement on the table.

Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2019, funsway wrote:
While not an "effect" I have seen TT used to wedge a final load in a cup. The cup can be moved around as empty and even used in some C&B moves.
Then the TT is easily removed before the final placement on the table.

I like it Ken. Thanks for sharing. Any more nuggets?
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
OK
Here's another idea.
Put a small powerful magnet in the TT.
Get a coffee mug that has a smooth interior wall.
Get a gim from the chop cup set.
Hold cup with right hand wearing TT.
Cup handle is to left.
Left hand holds the ball.
Left drops ball into cup.
Left hand grabs cup handle.
Right hand rises and passes over cup.
Left hand shows cup MT.
This may be someone eles's idea. Not sure.
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
That’s another good one Mr. Schneider. Thanks again for sharing.
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Here's another idea with this.
Get a small bag of red and white beads.
The red ones are metal.
As in previous trick, dump the mixture of beads into the cup.
Shake cup with right hand.
Then grab cup with left hand, raise right hand above cup, and wave over cup.
Say magic word and reach into air and close the right hand.
You now have a fist full of red beads.
Show the white ones in the cup.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Paint the inside of the TT red to match your C&B set (or Chop Ball)

Remove and get into position in the left hand when doing a Retention type vanish,
but allow the red feke to flash in the left fingers after the right hand retreats with its palm ball.

The left thumb secures the TT before opening that hand or pretending to place the ball somewhere like a cup.

You can also pretend to place a ball under a cup using this red flash-feke. Since the departing hand with the TT is casually shown empty it is "known
the ball is under the cup.

Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Magic al Mr Al. And thanks Ken. You guys keep those ideas coming. Thanks so much!
Danny Crook
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Danny Crook
I paid TTs no mind until Jay Scott Berry came to lecture at the local club somewhere around 15 years ago. Even if you don't perform exactly as he would, the thinking behind his work will change the way you look at the art. His TT holdout is especially clever! He's always had a knack for turning simple utility items into powerful pieces of entertainment.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
On L&L ‘s dvd of TT tricks, there’s a lecture by Paul Diamond. The bit I remember best is his statement that the TT is “just a receptacle to hide things in so you can do pretty tricks.” If you hide an object in it because you are making the object vanish, like Al shares with the sponge ball, that’s the more common way to use the TT. If you hide a magnet in it, as with Al’s other suggestions, that’s still hiding things in a receptacle.

The bill switch can be used to transform a $1 bill into a $2. If you start by asking for a $50 and settle for a $1, you can give the $2 away and say “I never repeat a trick. Don’t you wish you’d trusted me with a $50 a minute ago?” Jay Sankey has done more with the bill switch than probably anyone else I have heard of.

What would you like to vanish that can fit in a TT? What tool would you like to have in play that can fit in a TT?

It isn’t the perfect tool for every use, but there are few tools more versatile.

Patrick
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2019, Danny Crook wrote:
I paid TTs no mind until Jay Scott Berry came to lecture at the local club somewhere around 15 years ago. Even if you don't perform exactly as he would, the thinking behind his work will change the way you look at the art. His TT holdout is especially clever! He's always had a knack for turning simple utility items into powerful pieces of entertainment.

Danny Crook, you are correct, Jay Scott Berry is very good with the tt and sanada. I am a big fan of his.
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2019, Mr. Woolery wrote:
On L&L ‘s dvd of TT tricks, there’s a lecture by Paul Diamond. The bit I remember best is his statement that the TT is “just a receptacle to hide things in so you can do pretty tricks.” If you hide an object in it because you are making the object vanish, like Al shares with the sponge ball, that’s the more common way to use the TT. If you hide a magnet in it, as with Al’s other suggestions, that’s still hiding things in a receptacle.

The bill switch can be used to transform a $1 bill into a $2. If you start by asking for a $50 and settle for a $1, you can give the $2 away and say “I never repeat a trick. Don’t you wish you’d trusted me with a $50 a minute ago?” Jay Sankey has done more with the bill switch than probably anyone else I have heard of.

What would you like to vanish that can fit in a TT? What tool would you like to have in play that can fit in a TT?

It isn’t the perfect tool for every use, but there are few tools more versatile.

Patrick

Yes sir, you're right. Not perfect for every use, but for pocket size impromptu magic it's pretty great. Thanks so much for sharing.
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Get the late Gary Darwin's DVD on the TT. That'll give you many ideas.

P!
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Salavano..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cool TT effects? (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL