The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Borrowed object to impossible location (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Hello all,

i need to put in my parlour/stage show a "Borrowed object to impossible location" type of effect. Something like Bill in lemon or a watch in nest of boxes...

Could you please suggest some more commercially available effects/props please?

Thank you so very much in advance!

Best,
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Bills and watches are old-style. Today's borrowed object is someone's portable phone, and they attempt to locate it by causing it to "ring" by calling it from someone else's phone. The old "bean box" has been replaced by a clear plastic candy bucket found in most drug stores today. Here is one use for it: https://www.magicnook.com/MiniMysteries/......yBox.htm
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You are asking this question at time there are not really any props available. Mikame's Watch box is not available, and the nest of boxes all depends on how much you are willing to pay. That problem is that quality woods are very expensive. Try Dave Powell, the finest made products. His NEW VICTORIAN WATCH BOX is more affordable at $195. www.davepowellmagic.com
randysburtis
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of randysburtis
Is this for kid show, or adult? That can make a big difference in what item and method needed/used...
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
~michael baker
The Magic Company
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2019, Michael Baker wrote:
Have a look...

http://themagiccompany.com/cat_main.html

such incredible things - a different kind of magic. I love the adaption of old effects to new theme.

Bunko Blocks to Zen Again ....
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2019, funsway wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2019, Michael Baker wrote:
Have a look...

http://themagiccompany.com/cat_main.html

such incredible things - a different kind of magic. I love the adaption of old effects to new theme.

Bunko Blocks to Zen Again ....

Glad you like it. Yes. Based on the plot of Thieves & Sheep.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Duane Laflin has a nest of boxes that "kills". (hate to use that word). It is so easy to do it is embarrassing, I've only done it three times in my shows, but it's a keeper and I will continue to do it. I don't like to plug products, but this nest of boxes is a fantastic prop. I use a $1 bill, vanish it, and then give it to the spectator after opening the boxes. The bill is autographed of course.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just looked up David and Teesha Laflin magic store, the Nest Of Boxes they sell for only $39, that is a steel, last I seen they were selling for $100.

This comes with 6 red metal boxes, looks great.

While your there, pick up the Rattle Box.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2019, Bill Hegbli wrote:
You are asking this question at time there are not really any props available. Mikame's Watch box is not available, and the nest of boxes all depends on how much you are willing to pay. That problem is that quality woods are very expensive. Try Dave Powell, the finest made products. His NEW VICTORIAN WATCH BOX is more affordable at $195. www.davepowellmagic.com

This site can’t be reached www.davepowellmagic.com’s server IP address could not be found.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I see what happened, Dave Powell only uses www.powellmagic.com and not the full name of his website.
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Thank you very much for this helpful suggestions!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Here is a bill to lemon routine that might fit the bill. It runs 12 to 15 minutes:

https://www.popsmagic.com/store/p27/Pop_......DEO.html
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Great routine Pop! Thank you!

Best,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Borrowed object to impossible location (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL