The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Brahmin (Oriental) Rice bowls story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mantas
View Profile
New user
Lithuania
17 Posts

Profile of Mantas
Hi!
I am loking for a story for the Rice bowls trick. Does anybody have any ideas. What should be said while performing this trick?

Thank you!
edfliss
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
58 Posts

Profile of edfliss
This is from my medieval act "Dr. Pyrophorus' Magic of Asia."

3)Rice Bowls (music track 4)

Dr P: In India I found that there are problems feeding their large population. Even cooking water is sometimes scarce. If food cannot be supplied by hard work, then sometimes it can be provided by magic (fills bowl with brown rice).

The magic rice bowl multiplies the food placed in it (covers and inverts the bowl). Now I need all of you to say the magic words with me: “THE MAGIC WORDS!”

You didn’t say them! All together now: one, two, three: THE MAGIC WORDS (lifts the upper bowl—--the rice bowl is now overflowing).

We need water to cook the rice. (He empties the rice into another rice bowl and inverts the bowls again). Say the magic words with me (one, two, three: THE MAGIC WORDS). (The lower bowl is now filled with water which he pours into the clear glass vase). Food and water magically produced!
MagicalArtist
View Profile
Veteran user
Hobart, Indiana
378 Posts

Profile of MagicalArtist
The late Bill Severn, that master of patter, had a good patter line for the rice bowls. It went something like this:

"The story was told in ancient China, centuries ago, of the time of great famine when people were starving because the waters of the rivers had dried. According to the legend, they were safe from the drought that blighted the crops by the emperor's magician ... and his magic rice.

"He kept his precious grains in a canister in a cupboard of the palace. Hardly more than a few handfuls ... but with his magic, it was enough to feed the nation even though the rivers had run dry."

The full patter is given in the book "Magic Shows You Can Give. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Brahmin (Oriental) Rice bowls story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL