The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin from (my) Ear (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Thanx Gallagher.
I hope you didn't find the whole thing too EERIE Smile LOL Groan Smile
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2019, gallagher wrote:

p.s.: I can only imagine how it was,
growing up,
in your home.
"Come on Maxxie.
Eat all of your coins.
Think of all the hungery kids in India..."

,....thanks mom.

Though a well rounded diet, never a square meal Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just love this from Max. Smile If this was all he could do as to magic (and it's not, not hardly as this guy is loaded with great magic), he would have all he needed to WOW! people always. It's really that on-the-spot good. Just perfect! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
For those interested in Coins in a Manipulation Routine....this is my 'Coin to Ear' bit in my Manipulation Routine.

The Coin bit is from the 1 to 2 mnute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaZoUjgyxYc

What surprised me was how well the coin bit went over in the routine when I've done it the very few times in public. Lots of laughter Smile

sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of sadhu
Bravo!!!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man, the difference between playing checkers and chess or even more so the difference between chess and 3 Dimensional Chess. 😁 It’s like watching Mickey Silver and David Stone all in one. 😁 And as like with theirs, your coin work is just brilliant! 😊

This is just a beautiful performance my friend, so well done, and shows a tremendous amount of variety, versatility, technique and overall style & ability, way beyond that of just coins, way beyond. 💯
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
That was fun and enjoyable. Thank you for sharing that.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Thank you Gents. Glad you found it fun Smile

Again thanx for your nice comments Marion. Made my day!

The routine is still a work in progress....pacing, a few glitches, etc. But posted it to show some slightly larger than silver dollar coin manipulation. Technically 90% of the coin work is just a strong Retention Vanish/Apearance. It's amazing what you can do with that one move.

Cheers.
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
One thing I've always believed, is that when the audience is more than several ft.away......using slightly larger than silver dollars coins, GREATLY enhances the effect. This being tricks like Coins to Glass, Misers Dream, Etc... For close-up tricks such as Matrix, Kennedy half-dollars/English pennies work fine.

The Morgan is 1.5" (38.1mm) compared to the coins I use 1.75" (45mm) in first vid and 1.94" (50mm) in 2nd.

These coins do take some time and effort to get use to and adapt. Seems impossible at times but eventually comes together.

And from the audiences point of view....much much more visual.

And when you do work with dollars.... they feel like dimes Smile
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
What I really like about your routine is that it uses simple props. No gimmicks (I assume) and just pure sleight of hand.
I would love to see it live.
And your coin work is beyond most of the stuff one sees. Great job.
Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Cymru
149 Posts

Profile of Kong
What's going on 'ere then?

I love the performances, they are very entertaining and the magic is strong!

Great stuff.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Max is the best.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Thank you very much for the kind words Steve Smile
In all honesty, that little 1 minute coin routine performed live has gotten me more accolades from audiences & magicians, than any other effect/routine (with the exception of miser's dream which is usually a large audience routine).
A good RV vanish will go a long ways LOL

As a sidenote, I would often follow with "The Human Hen' which is continuous Balls from Mouth. Again, the Balls from Mouth has gotten me a far far better reaction than any other Billiard Ball routine.
For those interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg9z4ZUdprI

:-)
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just wonderful! 👏🏽

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Smile
Very fun to watch. Thank you.
SlightlyTipsyMagic
View Profile
New user
Our Fishing Pier has
81 Posts

Profile of SlightlyTipsyMagic
Wonderful Max, throughly enjoyed the magic. It brought miles of smiles. Thankful that Steve bought it back on the radar for us to experience.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
😊
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin from (my) Ear (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL