The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Where is Shimada? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kaizen Magick
View Profile
New user
Torrance CA
72 Posts

Profile of Kaizen Magick
Does anyone know if the Great Shimada is performing anywhere currently? Anyone seen his full Dragon Act?
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I have been fortunate to meet him. I did see his Dragon act as well. He performed at Stan Kramien's Northwest Magic Jamboree. He was the main act of the event. I was certainly impressed. He showed incredible talent. I do not know where he is currently. Sorry about that. Perhaps you can get a hold of Stan Kramien, and he can possibly get you in touch with Shimada.

Brian
matthewjohnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
239 Posts

Profile of matthewjohnson
Hi Brian,

I answered your other thread re The Dragon act.
To answer your second question I believe Shimada lives in LA and is still going strong performing. I also saw him at Kramiens and had the pleasure of getting a ride up to the convention with him in his new vehicle (pretty cool ride!). He informed me that he performs the Dragon act all the time, infact it is what he gets asked most to perform. I believe he told me that he is driving around now performing for one off engagements. He is a very cool guy both as a performer and to talk to, one of the true masters of our art!!!

Matthew Johnson.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Here is a Shimada web site :

http://users.lasvegas.net/~shimada/

Doesn't look like it has been updated lately, but you can try the contact info. on the site to see if you can get a schedule of Shimada's performances .
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
I heard that he passed away, but his daughter is working as Shemada.

If I'm wrong I apologize in advance.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I think that is incorrect. As far as I know Shimada is alive and well.
(Unless you heard that news in the last day or so )

His daughter Luna does perform using the different spelling of the last name as Shemada . ( btw, Luna is married to Dirk Losander)
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I watched Shimada perform at the Abbott's Get Together last year, and his dragon act was really cool......
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Where is Shimada? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL