The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What set of coins could this be? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

skyfire
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of skyfire
I was looking at some CSB YouTube postings and I ran across one of Luis Piedrahita's routines. It is titled CSB Coins, but what CSB set allows you to show three Silver Coins, front and back at the end?

Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPRDmLq9XoA
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
Watch the ending again.
skyfire
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of skyfire
Although I have been a hobbyist in Magic for a long time, but my coin knowledge and experience is at a beginners level. But from the response above, and re watching the end, I feel like I should see what's happening at the end, and I should have the answer. But I don't. But I am going to deduce that it is not the common CSB set that I am thinking of, (maybe involving the old m****t theory) or he did a heck of a sleight at the end. Is this a buy able set?
Inviso
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Inviso
I have to admit that I am in a similar boat.
Definitely some interesting moves that could warrant adding to the repertoire the with effort to make look more seamless and less knacky.
I could be wrong, and any exposure discussion should really go to Secret Sessions, but you might want to start from the finale and figure what would you need to add to make the CSB mechanics display as 3 silver coins...although in the video, it really does look like 3 silver coins. There is a brief off camera moment.

Randy
Aaron Isaacs
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aaron Isaacs
Inviso
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Inviso
Yes, knew it was standard csb but the finish was a surprise. Thanks for the link to the source. I think that is worth the price.

Randy
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
It isn't really "fair" to show a performance where things are happening off screen Smile It isn't magic if my hand leaves the frame and then drops a rabbit on the table! It is easy to see how the trick is done, but worth paying people for their routining. Sometimes there are great tips about patter, subtleties, or the theory of misdirection and psychology that makes or breaks an effect.

There is so much amatuer magic online, and I get the part about human nature where people feel the need to post everything, but so much of it is terrible and you don't want to learn from them. I had to smile at this video, where the poster does the "drop the mike" moment and walks away at the end like he just outdid David Roth Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What set of coins could this be? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL