The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Fake EVP cassette (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scottyocean
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of scottyocean
I have so many books, I can not find which one has the how to build an evp cassette recorder. Does anyone have a reference?
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
“So many questions”
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2019, scottyocean wrote:
I have so many books, I can not find which one has the how to build an evp cassette recorder. Does anyone have a reference?

Why do you want a fake one? Just get a real recorder and let the spirits talk on tape. It's not rocket seance!
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2019, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2019, scottyocean wrote:

Why do you want a fake one? Just get a real recorder and let the spirits talk on tape. It's not rocket seance!

I agree 100%
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
scottyocean
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of scottyocean
I like to guarantee an outcome. So no one?
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, scottyocean wrote:

Sometimes the fails are more unnerving. I have witnessed that with failed effects. The spirits are not your slaves to control, they do what they want. Get a spirit activated device, let the seance fail and just as you are about to close let the light blink or bell ring. More believable than spirits jumping through your hoops as ordered. And please don't do a Q&A with it.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
scottishpiper51
View Profile
Regular user
of Gris-Gris
138 Posts

Profile of scottishpiper51
IMHO when doing things like this, it pays to stop thinking like a magician. Willie's right, subtlety is your best tool.
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, weepinwil wrote:
And please don't do a Q and A with it.

Or a 'your card is the ....' reveal.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, scottyocean wrote:

It's obvious that there are not plans, since you are talking to the most knowledgeable folks in bizarre magic.

There was a company that made these, I think they are gone.

You may want to put a "looking for" comment on the "for sale" forum, maybe someone who has one would be willing to get rid of it.

You must be new to this, because there is no guarantee outcome for any branch of magic.

A lot depends on you, your ability to think on your feet, to manage your audience, to have a convincing "character," especially in bizarre magic. There is nothing just "push button" and automatic.

If that is what you are looking for, you won't find it here.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Scottyocean, can you give us more background on why you are looking for a cassette recorder in particular? I know ghost hunters use a lot of "test condition" devices, with hard evidence materials like a cassette. But is that the effect you are after?

I ask because there are commercial effects that use modern devices like mobile phones to achieve the same result (found easily with a Google search), e.g. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5473

You probably already went this route and it may not be right for you. Just wanted to be sure.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
You mane be thinking of a Ovilus I which was a earlier version you could program your own words in the word bank into the dictionary, it also had a phonetic, phenom (sounds that make up speech, yes no mode, phonetic and dictionary mode, emf mode. The issue the device is it had a robot sounding voice. It also has a mode where it did not speak and only worked with the row of led lights, Also the dowsing rod mode worked the same way. as the nonspeaking mode which I have forget what it was called.The Ovilus was prone to deception as the word back which was reasonable large could be set up for many negative words. That device has not been made in many years. The new version is not really that good either as there better stuff that has been created since. Also with this device you had two inputs one for the speaker and the other you could hook up a recording deck. Plus finding a copy of the firm wear to program it will be even harder to find than one of the old devices.

In my audio series called Inside the Seance mind volume 1 I covered a lot of these types of devices and how to use some of the better ones. Plus provided a lot of other information on seance work in general. The series was over 12 hours and is packed with seance stuff.

Also there was another clone of the Ovilus that did about the same thing but only a few were made and they were not made as well as those how bought them wold like and often need parts reattached do to the bad workmanship on some of them. That said it came with the software which made it a bit easier to chance the word bank. For what that is worth.

I could say more and provide the best method to do this but were in open forum and even if in the less searchable area it's still not real safe talking about this sort of working devices. However if you have Inside The Seance Mind or my work on the red light talk I did cover this in those programs.

Above may be the device you were thinking of which a few seance workers played around with some years ago and talked about in some of the other now defunct forums. I will say back then it was about all we had to play with but the robot voice really did affect its usefulness
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, MentalistCreationLab wrote:
You mane be thinking of a Ovilus I which was a earlier version you could program your own words in the word bank into the dictionary, it also had a phonetic, phenom (sounds that make up speech, yes no mode, phonetic and dictionary mode, emf mode. The issue the device is it had a robot sounding voice. It also has a mode where it did not speak and only worked with the row of led lights, Also the dowsing rod mode worked the same way. as the nonspeaking mode which I have forget what it was called.The Ovilus was prone to deception as the word back which was reasonable large could be set up for many negative words. That device has not been made in many years. The new version is not really that good either as there better stuff that has been created since. Also with this device you had two inputs one for the speaker and the other you could hook up a recording deck. Plus finding a copy of the firm wear to program it will be even harder to find than one of the old devices.

In my audio series called Inside the Seance mind volume 1 I covered a lot of these types of devices and how to use some of the better ones. Plus provided a lot of other information on seance work in general. The series was over 12 hours and is packed with seance stuff.

Also there was another clone of the Ovilus that did about the same thing but only a few were made and they were not made as well as those how bought them wold like and often need parts reattached do to the bad workmanship on some of them. That said it came with the software which made it a bit easier to chance the word bank. For what that is worth.

I could say more and provide the best method to do this but were in open forum and even if in the less searchable area it's still not real safe talking about this sort of working devices. However if you have Inside The Seance Mind or my work on the red light talk I did cover this in those programs.

Above may be the device you were thinking of which a few seance workers played around with some years ago and talked about in some of the other now defunct forums. I will say back then it was about all we had to play with but the robot voice really did affect its usefulness

The girl spanish voice is not so bad for certain settings but still pretty terrible for any sort of proper bizarre atmosphere.
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
I believe Scottyocean is talking about an effect from Lebanon Circle. Not necessarily the one in The Compendium of Bizarre Magic, but..another effect Dan released. Can't remember the name. It involved recording an EVP on a "stereo" recorder. (Don't want to give away too much)
bdungey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of bdungey
In Docc Hilford's 1000 Secret Seance, there's a two-sentence effect in the 'Bonus Bucks' section that might give you an idea.
psychicbartender
View Profile
New user
Waukesha
5 Posts

Profile of psychicbartender
1000 Secret Seance has a GREAT reference in gaffing recorders as does the new invocation.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
GO HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGcrxlZ2c_s

GO HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLeO1oQ8byE

GO HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuR_O3HGD4w

You get the idea.

DO NOT spend $100 on the EVP by Alan Rorrison crap!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Only the third link comes close to sounding similar to what an actual EVP sounds like.

When you get a real one, it sounds like someone is whispering right next to the recorder's mic (even though you know no one was near it, and the voice doesn't match anyone attending the session).

Also, typically when we do an EVP session, we'll have several recorders set up. The EVP will show up on one recorder and not the others.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Fake EVP cassette (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL