The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Miracle Method by John Carey (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks like it got mixed reviews on Penguin.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11744

Ad copy:

Miracle Method by John Carey is a unique take on the prediction plot that would leave Nostradamus quaking in his boots.

Even though there is only ONE prediction (which remains in full view at all times), it will hit every single time thanks to this beautifully structured system.

There is no equivoque and no pateo forces either, just a solid and well thought out process that invisibly guides your spectators to make the predicted decision in real time. Every time.

The best part about this system is that it can use ANY eight items. There are no limitations beyond the basics. (i.e. They just need to fit in your cup, or any other container you can carry.)

If you emptied your pockets right now, or grabbed 8 items off your desk, or even the coffee shop's counter, you could perform this effect with ease. This makes it a perfect impromptu routine, using just items you can find around you!

While John chooses to perform this close up, you could also bring this to the biggest of stages by using large items and a large box instead of small items and a coffee mug.

While we've seen plenty of prediction effects in the past; they usually involve secret writing, or switches. John has turned the method on it's head so that you can be completely HANDS OFF throughout.

The Miracle Method by John Carey is exactly as the name suggests, and we're sure you're going to love performing it! Download it now and test it out on your friends - It'll blow their collective socks off!
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Meh. The so-called "miracle" is anything but, I'd say.

Imagine this: you have eight objects in front of you, and you ask the spectator to pick one. They pick, say, the coin. You unfold a prediction that says "You will pick the coin." Your spectator will say, "Hm. Good guess. Now do it again." And you can't, thus confirming the spectator's hunch.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Hmm. That's a bit unfair Ross - just do something similar? Should never be repeating anyway.

That said, this is not for me, although I like the effect on which the principle is based.

So, while I don't think I will use this exactly, if I did, I'd be thinking about picking objects that, by step 4, (with reference to some of the ones John uses, and I hope this doesn't break rules) will have a high chance of success. Those that stump up the moolah will understand that, hopefully.
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
I don't like this as much as Docc Hilford's Evoque, but it's pretty decent for a prediction of random items on the table.

I do like the "theatre" of the some of the stages with the coffee cup, and I may incorporate some of that.

All in all, I'm happy with this purchase.

Oscar
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2019, Oscar999 wrote:
I don't like this as much as Docc Hilford's Evoque, but it's pretty decent for a prediction of random items on the table.

I do like the "theatre" of the some of the stages with the coffee cup, and I may incorporate some of that.

All in all, I'm happy with this purchase.

Oscar

I agree with the docc evoque or any evoq. This is way to drawn out and for me miserable. It's a different way, supposedly easier, than the real thing. But, it's neither.

PS: for a beginner, perhaps.
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
218 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
Since there no actual full performance shown, it's hard to tell if anything new has been added to this. Anything new here that would make this worth a closer look?
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2019, WolfgangStiller wrote:
Since there no actual full performance shown, it's hard to tell if anything new has been added to this. Anything new here that would make this worth a closer look?

Nope!
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
Bearded_Ste
View Profile
New user
Liverpool UK
30 Posts

Profile of Bearded_Ste
Does anyone do Spectator's choice by Steven Daniels? Is this similar to that?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
You can take ANY number of objects and keep going in different ways until the one you want is picked. This was a step backward if I have anything to say about it.
Bearded_Ste
View Profile
New user
Liverpool UK
30 Posts

Profile of Bearded_Ste
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2019, John C wrote:
You can take ANY number of objects and keep going in different ways until the one you want is picked. This was a step backward if I have anything to say about it.

I'm not sure if you are responding to my question on Spectator's Choice by Steven Daniels in this reply. If so, that's not the method for Spectator's Choice. In Spectator's Choice spectators eliminate objects down to one last one, without using equivoke, and that is what is predicted. In the advert for Miracle Method, you mention '
"a series of choices". Is it a series of eliminations?
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2019, Bearded_Ste wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure if you are responding to my question on Spectator's Choice by Steven Daniels in this reply. If so, that's not the method for Spectator's Choice. In Spectator's Choice spectators eliminate objects down to one last one, without using equivoke, and that is what is predicted. In the advert for Miracle Method, you mention '

Sort of. It's bit like The Card Trick That Cannot Be Explained, except not good.
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2019, Bearded_Ste wrote:
Quote:

No Im not. Just giving some more of my opinion.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
This one I am not thrilled with. Love Carey’s card work and other released items. This one, no bueno.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2019, Ross W wrote:

Sort of. It's bit like The Card Trick That Cannot Be Explained, except not good.

Lmao. Great quote.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Miracle Method by John Carey (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL