The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Player's Card by Mental Voyage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
The Player's Card is the latest pocket mentalism release from Mental Voyage and will be of especial interest to those who play or follow the game of poker. On well-printed playing card stock are shown various hands and, after selecting one of these, the performer is able to correctly identify the cards/hand the spectator is thinking of.

As with all of Paul Carnazzo's releases the instructions are very clearly explained and with the card and printing of excellent quality. The card also includes a helpful subtlety.

If you and assisting spectators are interested in poker this effect is well worth considering and with the presentation offering quite a lot of interesting repartee, fun and intrigue. Also given in the instructions is a link to free effects on The Magic Café using similar principles. This in itself is an excellent and appreciated resource.

As I dwelt on The Player's Card it also gave me an idea for another type of effect based upon the technique but not using playing cards. It is something I hope to take further. This is, though, an excellent release and with its popular poker theme and ease of carrying around, something many will enjoy.

More details can be found here: https://www.mentalvoyage.com/products/the-players-card

Neil
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I received Paul's newest creation yesterday - and I really like it. If you know his work and his "handwriting" you know what to expect: the material is good and very durable, the plot appealing - even for mentalists: who would like to poker with them... - and the method VERY clever. Paul offers various presentations and methods for approaching your goal. What I really appreciate a lot are the very well written instructions which you can download as a PDF. Happy not to watch another video... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I certainly echo what Jan and Neil said above anot this.... I like it a lot.

I carry a slim front pocket wallet in extra Room for mental ism is at a premium... This is an air right now, and I have performed it a couple times real-world already to great effect.

It also has a certain card I need for my effect "Seven" embossed on it. I simply circled it ( Which in no way hinders Paul's effect at all) and I can jump right into SEVEN after performing this!

This is only ONE card thick, so real estatecisnt an issue...and the well-thought of modus is explained in great detail, as per his usual...oh yeah: it's less than $20.

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This is some beautiful work from Paul.

The card it comes with looks very organic and it is a great lead in. Just stick it in any deck, and you are ready to perform something with the "junk card" most people toss from their deck. Of all of Paul's releases, this one may be the most organic. It makes sense, it has its place in the deck, and it looks like what it's meant to be. You can't really beat that.

As others have stated, if you know Paul's work, then you know what to expect. I was kind of shocked at the method--even though it is very similar to his other works, I was pleasantly surprised to find the method was different than what I expected and I believe it would be very difficult for the spectator to work out how you could possibly know their four of a kind.

Madison
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Player's Card by Mental Voyage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL