The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » New link for my Elmsley Count video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
If you tried but were unable to access my video, please try this new link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlslzZOQag8 .

Thanks,

Bob
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Bob, so the card is definitely hidden , a good thing. A suggestion would be to keep the hands closer together. No need for the left hand to move that far. Keep it tighter. I hope this makes sense.
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Bob, you are getting it! Good job. Your grips seem fine and you avoided most of the rhythm problem. Most people that struggle have the issue on the second "take". By watching your count, it seems that you made the last two counts last a beat longer than they normally would take so that the rhythm matched the first take.

So from here, work on a little more speed. Counts should be deliberate but casual. By that I mean, you are simply counting or showing the cards, no need to rush through it but no need to draw it out either. Maybe it is just me, but I wonder if spectators think something funny is going on when a count is that slow.

I think your LH movement is fine. Personally I wouldn't change that aspect. I like how you froze the RH, that is the way I do it. The only other thing I'd look at is how you get into the move. Again, casual. You seem to adjust the cards in a studied manner which to the spectator may cause them to suspect something is coming. Relax and let it flow.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » New link for my Elmsley Count video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL