The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review copies of the Mentalical Method (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
I'm working on new effect, I called it "Mentalical Method".It is about 43 pages ebook
I will give 5 review copies only -plz no private messages-. I want your honest feedback,suggestions and any needed crediting.
If you are interested and you have time to review please reply here and I will send you the link.
What is the Mentalical Method?
Mentalical is a strong mentalism effect where you can predict the spectator decisions about placing four cards with an easy surefire method.
The prediction is in full view all the time and it is only one prediction (no multi outs). You can use this method on ESP cards, playing cards, business cards or written notes.
It can be presented as mail prediction, reading the spectator mind, influencing spectator decisions or as direct prediction.
The beauty of this method that it can be with 3,4 or 5 cards.
The Basic Plot
After you gave the spectator brief intro about ESP cards, you offer to do with her an experiment. You show that you have a folded prediction inside your wallet (or sealed inside envelope). You put the prediction on the table near the spectator and ask her not to open it now, you put the wallet also on the table.
You choose 4 random ESP cards and handle them to the spectator face down. She will shuffle those cards and after you ask her to choose 2 of them and hand the others 2 cards to you. You ask her to put one from the 2 chosen cards in your wallet and the other inside her pocket or purse.
You return the other remaining 2 cards to her and ask her to put one on the table and the other you put inside your pocket.
Now we have 4 cards placed according to the spectator decisions (in her pocket, inside wallet, on the table and the last one in your pocket). You do quick rehearsal about what happened (I gave you 4 cards and you decide to place everyone in different place. All was your free choice, is that is true? ) , she will agree.
Now you ask her to open the prediction which was on the table in full view all the time. Ask her to read and confirm by herself after every sentence the place of each ESP card, for her surprise all will match your prediction exactly which was written beforehand.
'The Prediction:
The Star symbol card will be in my pocket.
The Wavy line card will be in the wallet.
The circle symbol will be in the magician’s pocket.
And the square symbol will stay on the table.'
After every sentence you or she reveals the corresponding card, and all will match perfectly.
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I would like to give this a read through..
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Thank you very much!
Link sent.
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
I'm very interested in this Free Will type of trick. Sounds good!

Mike
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Thank you for your interest!
Link sent!.
Still I've 2 review copies.
Laughing
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Laughing
Maxy I am a card guy, and do very little mentalism, however if you would like a different viewpoint I will gladly review this for you.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Thank you for your interest!
I see you are new here.
I sent you the link.
paranormal
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of paranormal
I'd be interested.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Thank you paranormal Smile
Link sent!
No more copies left.
Thank you for all.
paranormal
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of paranormal
I got a review copy and I like this. it is easy and fun to do and there are no outs.

Pros
Easy to do mostly self working
Well written very clear instructions
You get many ways to do one of the phases.
There are many ways to do this once you understand the method.
Nothing more than $20 would be needed to perform and you most likely would have something that worked.

Cons
Not a groundbreaking crazy method (not necessarily a con but just wanted to say it)
Some things were over explained

Conclusion
Cool trick could be easily adapted to different things easy to perform 8/10
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Thank you very much for your honest well thought review Smile
It is great that you finish reading the book and understand the concept very well.
Regards
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Sounds exactly like something I would like. .
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Got this and love it!

Very very well thought out. This is a fooler for sure. Several different options are shown and I immediately came up with some ideas of my own!

This is one of those effects that I will use. The Mentalical Method can be personalized in so many different ways. It is easy to do and like "paranormal" stated, will cost you very little to purchase the needed props. If you are handy at crafts, you will not need to purchase any props (I like to use envelopes instead of a wallet).

It is rare anymore that I find something new that I will immediately use, this is one of those. The PDF even comes with links to video instructions (which is a nice touch and makes understanding everything crystal clear).

Maxy, let me know if you decide to release anymore effects in the future, I will be very interested in purchasing from you, I like the way you think!
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Thank you very much for your review!
I'm glad that like it and you will use it.
I've cooler ideas coming in a form of book also, since it is broader subject it will take time until I can complete it.
Regards
N
Laughing
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Laughing
Maxy sent me a review copy and I waited until I had a chance to perform this for an audience before reviewing.

The method allows for 3, 4 or 5 predictions (more could be achieved but the method would have to be extended and I am not sure it warrants that)

The 3 prediction method is easy enough for a beginner to do, it has no special handling so you can concentrate on your presentation. However there is an alternative using multiple outs for 3 predictions that is easier and we probably all know.

I performed this twice with 4 predictions and the reactions were very good, though it is no magician fooler. It does take an hour of practice for presentation and clean handling so you are not fumbling, but it is still easy.

Pros:
Easy to do even for a beginner.
The 3, then 4 card predictions could be built into a mini routine, upping the anti a bit
Good reactions, laymen don't spot what is happening.
You can build a decent story/presentation around this and as it's easy to do you can concentrate on this element.
As a card guy I enjoyed the change of pace.
Video links were a bonus

Cons:
There is easier ways to do the 3 card prediction, though you could use multiple outs then go into this method for 4 cards so you have changed the method to avoid detection.
Some handling is required for 4 or more cards, though it is easy to do.
As paranormal mentions in his review, there is nothing ground breaking here, but it is solid.

Will I perform this again? Yes, though my presentation needs a bit of work, no one really believes I am some mind control/psychic expert, but that's down to my persona.

I would give this effect a solid 7 out of 10, and if the price point were right, probably an 8 or 9.

Price point is a funny one for me, I would expect to pay 15 pounds for this effect. It's difficult because only Maxy knows how much work went into this.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Thank you very much for the review Smile
The price range will be the between 10 and 15 bucks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review copies of the Mentalical Method (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL