The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How would you make a torn up card disappear? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Penguin? I'm sorry I'm not following.

https://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopi......&forum=2

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......rum=2&18

Harry Lorayne's got a couple infomercials for you!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Oh my. Again with this online magic dealer? Thanks but no thanks. I don't need a "penguin" website to know what a sanada is.
No wonder magic shops are having difficulties. Good lord.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Magic shops are having difficulties nowadays because the amount of information that can be covered in a 4 hour "penguin" lecture is crazy. For example, David WIlliamson taught most of his greatest effects in a couple hours in a $30 download. Also gave lots of great tips and updates on a few things hes published in the past. I have williamsons wonders which is a great book, however, you just cant beat the bang for the buck with some of these downloads. I myself do enjoy a good book, I have many of them. These penguin magic lectures and reel magic magazine lectures are tough to beat beacause often times the creator shows updated handlings and multiple versions of previously published routines.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, Bobby Forbes wrote:
Magic shops are having difficulties nowadays because the amount of information that can be covered in a 4 hour "penguin" lecture is crazy. For example, David WIlliamson taught most of his greatest effects in a couple hours in a $30 download. Also gave lots of great tips and updates on a few things hes published in the past. I have williamsons wonders which is a great book, however, you just cant beat the bang for the buck with some of these downloads. I myself do enjoy a good book, I have many of them. These penguin magic lectures and reel magic magazine lectures are tough to beat beacause often times the creator shows updated handlings and multiple versions of previously published routines.

Interesting, Bobby, thanks.
I guess it is up to us to make sure this “penguin” website doesn’t harm competition.
I’m doing my part.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to the magic shop.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Vanish the pieces as you would any small prop. No need for gaffs or gimmicks -- after all, we are magicians.

PM me if you wish.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Conus, the idea is simple. But with torn pieces being different sizes and shapes, for me there is always a chance for something to move in a way you don't expect, unless you put them in one location that can handle them.

I appreciate the posts above. I really miss going to a good magic shop, as much trouble as it was getting there way back in the day.
Now, you order online and learn from some very nice people, and also there are those who try to misunderstand you and harass you as much as they can. I prefer the magic shop days.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Countrymaven, I answered the original poster via PM. Thanks again and all best.
- Conus
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I use a vanish hank has a pocket in it for the vanish looks magical ! get one on ebay for like 8.00
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
You can "make" your own vanishing hank with a r....r b..d. Just as you vanish a coin. Probably easier to do this than trying to find a pocket.
Cost? use one of your hanks/bandannas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How would you make a torn up card disappear? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL