The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I'm not one for mental magic but... (freebie) (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I'm not one for mental magic but I have come up with a new(ish) mental magic effect that uses playing cards. ARGHH!

If you've got a marked deck that's not getting enough love you might love this!

You can use:

1. A marked deck if you don't want to use any brain power at all and / or
2. An ungaffed deck if you've got a good memory under heat and don't mind doing a bit of glimpsing / peeking

Here's the effect:

The performer talks about quantum theory, and how events performed in close proximity can become somehow entangled in time and space.

To illustrate, a thoroughly shuffled deck of cards is split between two people who each choose a card from their respective halves before cutting their choices into their packets.

The performer correctly divines the second person’s card as they flip cards face up from their half of the deck. But then, to prove that entanglement has taken place, the performer not only names the first person’s card out of nowhere, he shows that it lies at exactly the same number down in its packet as the second person’s card.

At no point in the routine does the performer touch the first person’s cards.

IF YOU LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS please PM your email address for a pre-release copy. I'm just checking I've got the wording right before I add pictures and video.

First 20 or so gets one, I need some feedback!

Cheers

Bev

PS It's called N-Tangle

PPS Mental magic. There, I've said it again.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Sent a few out. And of course, noticed a mistake the moment it went. Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'd try it with Tarot cards if I could.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Any good marked Tarot decks out there?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Gorgeous
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Gorgeous
Ditto on Neil's ebook.

If you're not into DIY, the Medieval Tarot from CardShark is a decent marked deck, though I'm not sure if it is still readily available.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I am interested, but would prefer to see it performed only to give my honest opinion then... without reading the modus operandi before. May be a non-listed YouTube video could do? Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2019, Gorgeous wrote:
Ditto on Neil's ebook.

If you're not into DIY, the Medieval Tarot from CardShark is a decent marked deck, though I'm not sure if it is still readily available.

I have one 😎😎
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Back to the OP of the mental magic trick with cards. Did you send all your copies out? Have you received feedback? Is it better with poker playing cards or tarot cards?
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Thank you, Wravyn, for linking to the discussion about my ebook above, which lets mystery performers turn the most popular variety of tarot deck -- the Rider-Waite (which may already be sitting in your desk drawer right now) -- into a more powerful magical tool. Quickly, easily, and without the need for expensive or hard-to-find art supplies, or really any artistic ability to speak of.

Thanks also to all who have PMed me directly with inquiries about availability, and kind notes about your orders. They're much appreciated!
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I was one who received this and wanted to post some thoughts:

This is an excellent multi-phase routine that builds nicely. The main (marked deck) method is the cleanest and leaves you in a position where two selections are made from half the deck each, one of which can be made outside your view entirely. You're able to divine the cards and the positions of those cards in a very direct and baffling manner. It appears to use a variation of a Simon Aronson principle, but I may be mistaken.

For those that are more comfortable and familiar with cards, a couple of quick faros can get you into position quickly and I'm also using an alternate displacement to set up for the final reveal, which I find to be a little more direct.

Small adjustments aside, this is a very strong routine using a marked deck. One reason it's so strong is that the markings don't explain a fraction of what is going on in the routine--in other words, there is no straight line from thinking the cards are marked to knowing how everything is accomplished.

Finally, there are several variations included at the end, some of which use a regular, unmarked deck. If this is a routine you are going to use a lot, then it's worth learning the alternate versions, so you'll always be ready to perform this under any situation.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Cant go wrong with tarot cards
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Latest version has gone out. You also now get a bonus ACAAN with a non-gimmicked deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I'm not one for mental magic but... (freebie) (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL