The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Business card magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
1) I met a guy with a business card that had the old "try and put a paper clip on the joker" with a five card spread printed on the business card. He would also give out "instructions" on another card to people he like showing some variations of his own!

2) Diamond Jim has a effect where a card appears on a business when heated.

3) I have the four of clubs on the back of my card. I do a flustration count and show them blank, have them pick a card from my cards as well as other cards and the two match.

4) Also, I have them insert the card into the deck and when I turn it over to reveal MY card and the fact that they inserted in at the four of clubs.

5) Exitwist works well with business cards. Four cards turn over one by one and then one vanishes.

6) Hoodwinked works on some cards (busy pattern).

7) Sean Taylor sells and effect called your card my card where holes appear in the business card in the shape of the selection.

8) Try palming a BC into the deck during ACR, then pass it to the top. Look confused and say "oh wait, that's MY card...we were looking for yours!"

9) Get a hidden image of a card on the back, e.g. magic eye or edge writing (writing that looks like a barcode until looked at from the edge of the paper!).

10) I had this idea before I saw Ammar do it but why not make a mini haunted deck from your wallet? It's always ready to go!
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
Jay Sankey does have some routines with business cards. My favorite one would be "Power Lunch." It has been in some of his older lecture notes and older videos. It is most recently been on his "Sankey-Sanders Sessions." The spectator writes his or her initials on the back of one card, you write your initials on the back of another card. Next you pull your initials off your card and put them on their card. Very nice routine. It's what I normally use for business card magic. Also instant reset.
-Chris
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
Try Gemini Prediction on John Guastaferro's Brainstorm DVD. It's a prediction using business cards.
Michael's
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
I have posted about this in another forum, but Peter Marucci has a fantastic presentation of a business card that is not so much an effect as a gag, but gets a tremendous reaction. It uses a 52 on 1 for the backside of your business card.

Again, it is not a magical effect, but a nice way for your business card to be seen again and again as spectators use your card to show other people. I use the idea and have had nothing but fun with it.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Thanks for mentioning my effect Jonathan!

It's very easy to do, and it leaves them with your business card AND because of the way the card is at the end of the effect they will always remember the magic when they see your card. (It's on my Visual Voodoo DVD.)

It gets them talking, and that's what we want!
Best,

nathan

http://www.nathankranzo.com
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Since no one answered the ? regarding the Pace products here you are.

HotLeads is a less expensive version of Afterburn. They are both very useful and can stay ready to use for hours. Actually HotLeads stays for the life of the product. Afterburn was the first version. I think that both versions are great, it just depends how much you want to spend.

C
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I second Michael Close's Pot Hole trick. It's easy to perform and packs a powerful punch. You may have to put your spectator's eyeballs back into their heads, however.
jalsing
View Profile
New user
Allen, TX
89 Posts

Profile of jalsing
I have been working on a handling of Michael Close's "You Hue" from his Very Very Close series where he "copies" a blank business card on which he's written the spec's name on with a chosen color of marker pen. Instead, I've scanned and printed out my own card, but in reverse, so as I "print" the mirror is produced, and is my actual business card.

-Jason
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Business card magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL