The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Professors nightmare to one rope ending. CLEAN (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2020, countrymaven wrote:
Ray and Alan I am familiar with the ungimmicked methods you use. They are not all that... all that clean. Just rope puzzles. why not make a clean open no joints, one rope restoration. Then go on and hand it out and give it to the audience?
The commercial versions given, are as I noted, fairly junky. It would be better yet just to do an uncomfortable and quick and hectic "ungimmicked quickie version."

But if these work for you, God bless you. I just keep going until what I do gets gasps and I am accused of being a sorcerer, etc. I am not content to entertain or to fool, like puzzles do as well.

Unless you've seen mine in person (which certainly is possible) I'm not sure how familiar you are with it. I'll continue to use it as it gets the prerequisite gasps I want and elevates it from a "puzzle" (which I'll admit that some routines are) to real magic according to the reports from the viewers who have seen it. As always... presentation and psychology is everything.
Ray Pierce
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Thanks Ray. You are now fully a member of the secret MC sorcerers hall of fame. Because as you said, it is the reactions you get that make it true magic in their minds. I take back what I said. I trust your word because you know from your performances what is magic in their minds. So cheers to you!!! You are awesome and your effect is hidden from most magicians. Maybe that is the best way to keep a miracle your own. hehe.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2020, countrymaven wrote:
Ray and Alan I am familiar with the ungimmicked methods you use. They are not all that... all that clean. Just rope puzzles. why not make a clean open no joints, one rope restoration. Then go on and hand it out and give it to the audience?
The commercial versions given, are as I noted, fairly junky. It would be better yet just to do an uncomfortable and quick and hectic "ungimmicked quickie version."

But if these work for you, God bless you. I just keep going until what I do gets gasps and I am accused of being a sorcerer, etc. I am not content to entertain or to fool, like puzzles do as well.

You haven't seen them performed properly. Nick Lewin really sold me on the Pat Conway handling, when I saw him perform it.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Hi Ray. Wish I could buy your Ultimate Nightmare
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Frankly, I was being nice to someone with a semi retarded method. OK? BEing nice. Sometimes I am just too nice.
But look at it with 20/20 vision, and it is just a super inferior method of doing things. I have seen it I have it.
It depresses me to think that audiences were subjected to this. Blah.
But
do it for a paying audience, and you wouldn't get paid to come back again like I do with my CLEAN EFFECT.
I then go into a cut and restored and hand it out. So there try that, Quasimodo.
Alsmagical
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Alsmagical
This effect is still as good as good old quality wine . What’s needs to be considered from what I have seen in the past 40 years of magical experience is the patter which is either non existent or delivered in an unconvincing way, We must improve our acting performance and get up to date with an entertaining story line,
i have 4 versions of this effect and select the one suitable for the audience , Sorry if I appear arrogant but trying to be helpful.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I'd never use a m*gn*t gimmick for the effect. The workarounds are too much work and I've seen otherwise good performers botch it because they use gimmicks that have to be controlled.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Professors nightmare to one rope ending. CLEAN (36 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL