The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Funny Balducci Story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheHungryMagician
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TheHungryMagician
A few days ago David Blaine came up in conversation in a group of people I know. One guy said, "I know how he levitates," and rocked back on his heels. I said, "Actually [u]this[/u] is how he levitates," and did the balducci. I just thought this was kind of funny. My first performance and they were stunned!
Forever starving,
Smile Hungry Smile
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
I went up to a lay person ' said I'm gonna levitate.
I did the balducci and he said ok , then he went ahead and did it better than me.
it was a dream by the way!
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Kukram, that sounds more like a nightmare!
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
magicmanchris
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of magicmanchris
I did the balducci for my friend and he said that he knew how to do it and he did it. so as he was doing it I prepared a king rising levitation and blew is mind!
your magic is only real when you believe it's real.
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
I did the balducci while jumping on a trampoline, and people were amazed at how high I got. Smile
dg
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of dg
I actually did it in a bar ages ago, the only time I've ever done it. positioned myself in an archway so everyone had to squeeze round to see it properly. Gave me the right angles to perfrom it for about 20 people. Only did it the once though.
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
HI

Re :- "Funny Balducci Story"

Saw one on TV a while ago this magician did a nice one then cut to another shot which tried to give the impression that he could float 2 feet off the floor.

I was hilarious - someone should put him on display or freeze him or store him in a transparant box for posterity. Wait didn't they do that - shame they let him out.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Che
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Che
Quote:
On 2004-06-04 14:38, paulajayne wrote:
HI

Re :- "Funny Balducci Story"

Saw one on TV a while ago this magician did a nice one then cut to another shot which tried to give the impression that he could float 2 feet off the floor.

I was hilarious - someone should put him on display or freeze him or store him in a transparant box for posterity. Wait didn't they do that - shame they let him out.

Paula

Boy THAT was a funny story!!!

Did you make that up yourself, or did you get your idea from the dozens of other posts on this forum saying the exact same thing???
Young Freak
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Young Freak
Ummmmmm yea, one I did Balducci in my english class and some kid freaked and started cussing me out and telling me I was satan but the funny part was everyone else knew the trick behind it. Well he ended up being so amazed he forgot all of his belonging when the bell rang to leave class. yeah, it amused me
just because I am young does not mean I can't do the things I do.
protik
View Profile
New user
bangladesh
57 Posts

Profile of protik
I first performed the bulducci levitation for my elder brother.He was speechless.He ran to my mother and told her,"Protik can levitate".My mom wanted to see it.So I performed it for her.This time,luck was not in my side.My mom is sitting in the ground and she easily saw the secret.She told me,"protik,do you think I am a baby?"I have never tried bulducci again after this.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2004-05-31 12:56, kukram wrote:
I went up to a lay person ' said I'm gonna levitate.
I did the balducci and he said ok , then he went ahead and did it better than me.
it was a dream by the way!

Your first mistake was telling him what your were gonna do before you even did it. you broke a cardinal rule, and deserved that outcome. Smile
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Angela
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
190 Posts

Profile of Angela
Haha- I just posted this in another thread. I did the Balducci seven years ago at a religion class, and the girl who saw it freaked out. A few months ago I found out that she was telling people that I was a sorceress and I could float. Smile People believed her, and random people started asking me, "Do you practice sorcery?" lol... Smile
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
My girlfriend freaked out when I did the Balducci on the bridges of New York New York in Vegas. She was so spooked that she wanted to break up with me if I didn't reveal the secret to her. I kept on telling her that it was only an illusion, a trick. She wouldn't believe me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Funny Balducci Story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL