The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Traveling Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Germain1134
View Profile
New user
Central PA
19 Posts

Profile of Germain1134
Looking for suggestions on traveling music to use while volunteer is coming on stage.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
For me, nothing defines my own specific show more than the music I choose. It is a deeply personal decision. The most I can do to help is send you to a production music site that I've used for years as it gives me the chance to audition and purchase instrumental production tracks I've used for play ons and offs for many years. At least you can narrow your choices down to something that will match your energy and style. As an example, I might use "Let's Get Funky No Lead (No Lead)" part way down on this page https://www.sounddogs.com/search?keyword......c&page=2 to bring up a spectator for an up tempo number. I would however edit out the first 4 bars of the intro so it will come hard in right on the hook.

I'll typically use production music as I then own the rights to use it on television or other media. The other option is to use a recognizable song with lyrics that can help describe the energy you desire. As an example, when I was the Musical Director for the Academy or Magical Arts Awards Banquets for so many years, I would select the play on tracks according to the celebrity being introduced. For Penn & Teller, I used "Two Heads are Better Than One", For another well known attractive male star it might be "Ain't No Other Man". For an older star, "Simply the Best", again editing them to start at the pick ups to the hook. Most of the time it would be a production track that had the aesthetic I wanted... "Elegant Lady", "Super Charged", "Conquests", "Bold Potential", etc.

There are many online production music resources in addition to Sound Dogs. Avail yourself of them to audition different styles. You can also just search for a type with an adjective, "High Energy", "Dramatic", "Silly", etc.

Good luck!
Ray Pierce
Germain1134
View Profile
New user
Central PA
19 Posts

Profile of Germain1134
Thank you I agree wholeheartedly about music defining the show. I do like the cut you recommended.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Traveling Music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL