The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mentalist effect where notepad with words (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
I was watching a magic show on T.V *the name eludes me at the moment*...but the mentalist did a comedy ice breaker routine that caught my attention because it was hilarious. I was wondering if anyone could direct me to what material to look into so I could find either the effect itself, or what makes up the effect if it is different things tied together. Here is the effect as I remember it being performed:

The mentalist has a notebook with different words written down on it. The spectator assisting on stage reads a random word and the mentalist makes a joke about guessing it, one of which is it being an adult related website. At the end, the mentalist revealed the word as being zebra and was correct. I can link a chris ramsay video of him doing it, but it was not him who I initially saw, thus leading me to believe this is in fact a routine from somewhere. Any help is appreciated.
Ravenspur
View Profile
Regular user
Granby, MA
167 Posts

Profile of Ravenspur
One of the guys in my SAM Assembly did something like this today with a husband and wife book test. He had a word from a book, she had a word from a book. He had them writing down letters and eventually wrote their words on a pad. Probably not much help, but all I got.
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Bumping in hopes of some more info
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
There are several methods for getting the word or influencing which is chosen. Those are likely marketed. But if the performer wrote his own script instead of buying one, then the only way to get this will be from the person you saw perform it.

Patrick
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
151 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
I think Chris Ramsay performs the brazzers/zebra reveal

It is a variation on Wayne Dobson exchange
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Thank you very much sir! that's what I was looking for!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mentalist effect where notepad with words (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL