The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The World’s First Ever Double Chess Hustle! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Now why didn’t I think of that? Have two chess masters play against each other, but tell them both that the other is a noob!

https://youtu.be/0ADGRgi6zLE
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Interesting … Taking with the King was his mistake IMHO.. But taking with the knight might have blown his cover ….
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The biggest mistake was allowing themselves to be suckered in!!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Way back when computers were still communicating via dot matrix printer (not even a screen), a local college was having an open house highlighting their computer science program with a chess program they created.

Trouble was, they had so many bugs in the code that the program wasn't ready by time of the open house. So they found best chess player in the college, and put them on other end of remote terminal. The "computer" that people played was another human...lucky he was good and nobody beat him.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Good story!
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
They essentially acted noobish but played strong moves. They just couldn't bring themselves to play poorly..

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yeah.

They were forced to compromise.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, imgic wrote:
Way back when computers were still communicating via dot matrix printer (not even a screen), a local college was having an open house highlighting their computer science program with a chess program they created.

Trouble was, they had so many bugs in the code that the program wasn't ready by time of the open house. So they found best chess player in the college, and put them on other end of remote terminal. The "computer" that people played was another human...lucky he was good and nobody beat him.

What "local college" was this?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It reminds me a bit of two pool hustlers trying to hustle each other, both pretending to be part-timers.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The World’s First Ever Double Chess Hustle! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL