The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ne plus ultra (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Around the turn of the century this was,along with the cups and balls,considered the ultimate test of a magician's skill. https://www.lybrary.com/vanishing-doll-p-923220.html a great pocket trick and easy to do.
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Really?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
You betcha...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I first became aware of Bonus Genius from Hocus Pocus Jr. that's a lot further back than the turn of the century. That might be what the esteemed Mr Palmer is getting at.

Patrick
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2019, padre rich wrote:
Around the turn of the century

That was a whopping almost 20 years ago. Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2019, Mr. Woolery wrote:
I first became aware of Bonus Genius from Hocus Pocus Jr. that's a lot further back than the turn of the century. That might be what the esteemed Mr Palmer is getting at.

Patrick

Exactly.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Nobody suggested that it was invented around the turn of the century,it became POPULAR as a pocket trick, sort of a fad, in the early 1900's,hence Houdini's, which was included in a recent magi mag article on the subject...
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
True enough. When I read it, I assumed an implication of origination that I see on rereading was not actually there.

It is a great trick. No question. Also the first in-print example I’ve found for the egg bag method of vanishing objects, which makes it really fascinating to me.

Patrick
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
The older abbott catalogue sold a bunch of themed dolls,indian,soldier,etc. and somebody sold them during the war of hitler,tojo,mussolini w/a "make them disappear"slant...a treat to see it done w/the figurine, good dodge of the method...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ne plus ultra (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL