The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Twilight Angels and others...? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, pegasus wrote:
So why bother with bikes? It’s makes not one ioter of a difference to specs.

Only because of all the rest of my gear is rider back. But you're right--I'm almost certainly overthinking it. Some effects, like Little Door, even mix rider and mandolin. I suppose my one hesitation is that the effect draws attention directly to the biggest point of differentiation between mandolin and rider. But, to your original point, they're never going to notice.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, thecromulent wrote:
Quote:

Only because of all the rest of my gear is rider back. But you're right--I'm almost certainly overthinking it. Some effects, like Little Door, even mix rider and mandolin. I suppose my one hesitation is that the effect draws attention directly to the biggest point of differentiation between mandolin and rider. But, to your original point, they're never going to notice.

Good. So please don’t waste your money.
CopperChopCup
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Simon Aronson’s Side Swiped
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, thecromulent wrote:
Quote:

Good. So please don’t waste your money.

the way I present it, you definitely need at least one matching, ungimmicked card. I have them both on top, and get the spec to check out the angels. They handle the card: everything. (I don't bother forcing it, just take it from the top) Then I take it back, get a pen, DL to turn it over for signing etc etc...

Works for me!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2019, CopperChopCup wrote:

I'd never heard of this before--it looks GREAT!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Warped in space. Another impossible souvenir

http://www.card-shark.de/newreleases/
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, thecromulent wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2019, CopperChopCup wrote:

I'd never heard of this before--it looks GREAT!

I've just searched for it: there's a film of Chris B demming it on Magic Geek. I really like it!
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Warped in space. Another impossible souvenir

http://www.card-shark.de/newreleases/

Ohhhhhh! That's LOVELY!!
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Actually it works out to just over $1 per card which for a working magician is nothing as a wonderful memory to pass out. But yea, I’m not working several days a week anymore so I will stick to other “impossible objects” I already have to pass out. Twilight Angels is a crazy awesome memorable effect though. I had a deck or two in blue at one time.

The least expensive way is to change the entire back of the card to the back of a card from a Dollar Store deck. The angels have disappeared (sometimes I draw tiny footprints to show where they've gone) and slap my information label on the back. The fronts of the cards are reasonably enough like the Bicycle brand duplicates so it's just another "angelic miracle" and a souvenir I don't mind parting with. About 2 cents per card (or less as I can sometimes get 2 decks for a buck).
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Side Swiped is an old fav, which reminds me that I need to get some refills.
Just got Tornimation and that really is an incredible impossible souvenir, one of the very best. Probably my new favorite!
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, jimgerrish wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Actually it works out to just over $1 per card which for a working magician is nothing as a wonderful memory to pass out. But yea, I’m not working several days a week anymore so I will stick to other “impossible objects” I already have to pass out. Twilight Angels is a crazy awesome memorable effect though. I had a deck or two in blue at one time.

The least expensive way is to change the entire back of the card to the back of a card from a Dollar Store deck. The angels have disappeared (sometimes I draw tiny footprints to show where they've gone) and slap my information label on the back. The fronts of the cards are reasonably enough like the Bicycle brand duplicates so it's just another "angelic miracle" and a souvenir I don't mind parting with. About 2 cents per card (or less as I can sometimes get 2 decks for a buck).

I'm not sure I understand. Isn't this just a card's back changing into a different design? OK. But it doesn't have the thing with the mirror, or the end result of two angels being next to each other? I mean, if it works for you, great, but I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for.

I guess I am fortunate that I can afford the cost of giving away a Twilight Angels card.
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Mentioned by others before, but I'll strongly second these two:

Siamese Waltz

Stretch Card
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Twilight Angels and others...? (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL