The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » I Would like your reviews. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kights
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Kights
I'm 16 and magic is my passion. Now my dream is true and I have made an original trick. I would like your criticism and your reviews. Thanks!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12404
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well that trick is an old classic. Usually it contains the "of" as in "Three of Clubs". Nothing new as far as the effect goes. The original does not use 2 decks but only one deck.

Usually when a magician invents a trick, he goes out in public and test it with hundreds of people to get their reaction to the effect, and see if the presentation can be improved or some of the handling condensed or expanded. This will tell you the effect is worthy to sell.

Those are my thoughts for what it is worth. I have no opinion, as your presentation needs work as an entertainer. Why are you whispering. Why is the video in gray scale. You are using two different colored decks. Why is the deck in your pocket and not on the table. Why are you not showing the faces of all the turned up cards that get placed on the table. Or, why did you not turn the dealt cards over and spread them out on the table to show them all different, and not duplicates. These type of handling is called, building to the climax of the effect.

Most magicians do not like two deck card tricks, not because they are not good, but because they do not like to carry 2 decks with them. It has to do with pocket management.

Finally, you should ask for a review before you bring an effect to market, not after.
Kights
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Kights
Thanks for your feedback it's appreciated. The trick does not use two decks I just didn't have a spectator. Your points are very good and I will listen because I am just learning. Thank you!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Please remove the music from the trailer. I could barely hear what you were saying. Congratulations on putting out a trick and much success in the future.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Kights ...
I admire your passion for magic. Very commendable, especially as you have taken the time to market your idea.

I am sure we hear a lot more from you in the future.

How does it play to the people you know?
Kights
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Kights
MeetMagicMike- I will remove the music ASAP and thanks for the feedback appreciate it! Thank you!

Wulfesmith- Thank you I means a lot! Also It plays very well to all the people I have shown it to but I also use a different, more elaborate and interesting presentation which makes it stronger, instead of the direct name any card and spell it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » I Would like your reviews. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL