The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Median by Eric Stevens (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Not bad. Perhaps, it's a social media effect?

https://www.sansminds.com/product/median/

Product Description

We here at Sansminds are happy to bring you Median from Eric Stevens; a classic torn and restored effect with a surprise twist.

Imagine yourself tearing a card and visually restoring it in an unlikely way.

It doesn’t stop here. Like a puzzle, you twist and turn the restored card for a level of visual surprise, only to hit them with the TRUE surprise ending.

Words alone don’t do this effect justice. Check it out now.

What you received:

Online instruction video

**This is a digital format. No supplies will be included.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
898 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I always felt that if you restore AS WELL as change a card, you're sort of negating the effect of the TnR, because its a different card, so that's not the card you tore up. In this case you restore it then create a wonderful souvenir, which you magically turn the right way (making it less interesting) and then show its a different card (showing its no longer the card you torn). I guess it looks good for what it is!

All the best,
Dan
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2019, dyoung wrote:
I always felt that if you restore AS WELL as change a card, you're sort of negating the effect of the TnR, because its a different card, so that's not the card you tore up. In this case you restore it then create a wonderful souvenir, which you magically turn the right way (making it less interesting) and then show its a different card (showing its no longer the card you torn). I guess it looks good for what it is!

All the best,
Dan

"I can turn it *flip half* and restore it. *restore* I can turn it again just by waving my hand *wave and magically flip the half*. And if I blow, I can turn it one last time - into a completely different card." *turn the card*

I agree it makes no sense and it doesn't leave them with a souvenir but I kinda like the surprise ending. I don't think it negates the restoration or insinuates that it was a switch. The effect is not that it restores into a different card but that it restores, and then you transform it into a different card. It's an additional effect.

Maybe force the 2 of hearts on them (in this example) and lose it back in the deck. You "find" their card but mistakenly get the 4 of hearts. They tell you it was the 2 of hearts, you tear the card in half, show one of the halves and tongue in cheek you say "The 2 of hearts! he he..." Then you say that was't so great, but let's try something different with the torn 4. You restore it with one half flipped (without noticing until it's too late). Then you say whoops, you wave and it flips back. Then you ask them one last time what their card was again. When they say 2 of hearts, you blow on the 4 of hearts and turn it over to reveal their card.
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
Great idea ! thanks for sharing !
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes agreed that’s a brilliant idea Patrick 👍 , best wishes Gaz 🙂
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I’m having trouble keeping the card borders lined up because when you fold it into the small square hidden on the back of the other card the thickness makes it off-center. I have a couple of “Phil” decks and used those cards and it works perfectly. I was also thinking of splitting a layer off of the bicycle cards to make it thinner. Anybody having this issue too? On the instructional video I noticed that the cards (bicycle) he is using are lined up perfectly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Median by Eric Stevens (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL