The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Math Puzzle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
I thought I would share this.

Put your hand over the numbers and expose them one at a time adding them up out loud as you go.

Was your total 5000? If so, get out your calculator and add it again. Chances are if you try and add them again as described above your total will be the same.
The correct answer is...

Copy this on a buisness and cover it with another and have someone add them up, out loud, one at a time. Nine times out of ten they will come up with 5000.

Have FUN!!
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Tim,
I do a similar trick which indeed is on the back of my Buisness card. When I get one of my cards near by I will post the version I have as well.
Owen
pxs
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of pxs
A similar trick by John Fisher is to read out (quite quickly) a list of numbers and ask your victim to say the next higher number each time (so if you say 77, they say 78).

His list is: 77, 21, 132, 6, 154, 372, 206, 1194, 78 and 4099.

Same principle
jason0389
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of jason0389
Wow I can't believe I added those wrong. That's great, I need to go try that on someone else.
MAGICADZ
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of MAGICADZ
You can build up the effect and almost present it as a mild hypnosis trick, making your audience beleive that you have in some way controlled them to miscalculate. I think ive performed this trick 50 times and I could say only 3 people added to the correct 4100.

Adz
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
You should do it this way
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Eb02,
that is the method I have...i think this is superior to the first posted, as they are easier to add up, and can be done far quicker...also making it more likely that the sucker will fall into the trap.
pxs,
I like that idea too.

Owen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Math Puzzle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL