The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Can anyone review Showtime Magic's "Supreme Slate of Mind"? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
The folks at Showtime Magic have the manufacturing rights for Joe Lefler's tables and his Supreme Slate of Mind, a no-force Mental Epic board.

Does anyone have Showtime's version of the slate, and could you post a short review?

Thank you!
Jerry
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I'm also interested in reviews of this Mental Epic, though the price "may" be out of my budget.

There's some confusion, at least to me, regarding the name of this trick, as I am also interested in finding the Slate of Mind (aka New Slate of Mind, Cardboard, etc.) that uses 6 cards, but I'm looking for something that does not look like a cheap ugly toy, but also does not break the bank.
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Cannot add to the quality of the new one, but I recently bought an old one, and paid top dollar and the white board has some yellowing.

Showtime Magic says they use birch and oak and takes them 10 hours to make. That is enough to convince me it is a high quality product.

If I would have seen this product new, I would have bought it here instead.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I know this is a dated thread, but I the topic has continued relevance. Yesterday, I ordered a Lefler slate from Showtime. It has not yet come yet, so I cannot yet review it, but I want to feature something that has not received much attention.

In lieu of the splendid wood backing that I have seen praised, I saw that one CAN order one with a dry erase board baking instead. That immediately appealed.; I use a dry erase board a lot. By using Showtime's, I am guessing that might reduce any suspicion of the Epic side of the board. In any case, being able to use the one prop for both Epic and a dry erase board, it will reduce the clutter in my carrying case.

You may want to checki this out.

George
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I am wondering if COVID has visited the folks at Showtime. I ordered the Lefler slate with the dry erase backing. I received a UPS email saying that the package was addressed and ready for shipping. That was at least two weeks ago. Tracking does not yet show the item is on it's way. A mid-week email to Showtime has elicited no response, at least so far.

With COVID and its direct and indirect effects, and with many off us not performing much in this limbo, I can imagine that many dealers are struggling. If anyone has any relevant insight, please pass it along,.

George
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I heard from Showtime. The slate they sent to me somehow got lost in the UPS system.

They are sending me another, to arrive in measurable time. I will report on it in this thread some time after I actually receive it and work with it.

George
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Mt Lefler slate arrived several days ago. I have not yet performed publicly with it yet, but can report the following:

1. The slate is nicely crafted. Grade: A

2. There is a slight, but manageable, issue with a moving part. B

3. The two-page instructions are blurred, but readable. B-

I bought the larger size. It is too big to include in my catalogue case and some might find it a little heavy. It is offered in a smaller size.

George
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Can anyone review Showtime Magic's "Supreme Slate of Mind"? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL