The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dan Birch... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Has anyone else seen Dan Birch on the new Verizon Wireless commercial? Check it out, it's pretty cool.

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
I saw Dan Birch’s commercial about 2 weeks ago. Dan looks like a “magician” he has the “Dante Look”. Last time I spoke to him he told me that he filmed a commercial.

Last time I was at his home he showed me some other commercials that he has been in from Asian countries. I am happy for Dan he has always given me good advice and I consider him a friend.

G0THIKE
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
What was Dan doing in the commercial? I am in Canada so I don't know if it's played here.

Darcy
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Heck, in America not everyone sees the commerical. It is by region of country.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bill is right! Commercials in the USA run almost one station at a time. It doesn't make sense to pay to advertise to people who aren't prospects (Mother never did get to see some of mine either and I'm still mad!).

I have not seen that commercial either. However, it speaks well of him. Ad agencies today tend to use actors and animation instead of real magicians because it is so much cheaper. Once it was very fertile ground for magicians. We also did a lot of FX in film production. It always seemed to surprise producers and directors because magicians usually are through in one take. We aren't trained to get paid for our mistakes. If producers and directors would recognize that, real magicians may still be cheaper.

Bob
An Old Marketing Professor
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
Quote:
On 2004-05-28 13:26, Bob Sanders wrote:
It always seemed to surprise producers and directors because magicians usually are through in one take. We aren't trained to get paid for our mistakes. If producers and directors would recognize that, real magicians may still be cheaper.

Great point Bob!
Zaubern Smile
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
Dan landed a good one this time!! I was able to study with dan at his home in California last may. Great guy with great ideas!! Im very happy for him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dan Birch... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL