The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Looking for script ideas for The Sidewalk Shuffle (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I'm trying to come up with an original script to go along with the sidewalk shuffle. I've done the narrative type patter with the gambling angle, I've done the "my uncle taught me this" angle and I've done the same patter as Martin Lewis.
Martin Lewis' patter works for him but doesn't really fit me.
I'm trying to think of something original with some light comedy to go along with the routine, any ideas any of you have may help get me past my writers block.

Thanks
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
This is almost a year old, but here goes nothing...

I came up with my own story and script based on a trip I took to Tombstone, AZ with my grandparents one year. There are several built in comedic opportunities based on actual events and I added phony events and changed it to a story about the Tombstone Shuffle.

Maybe there is a real life experience you've had during a trip that you could do something similar with? People can sense when you're talking about something real.

My story with this trick kills btw. I think it's a combination of getting people interested in a funny, true story and then they get to see a great trick along with it. I love performing this.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
We used to like Silas and the Slickers which was in a Jean Hugard book, I think. You may have to revamp it and update it...it is very old.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Looking for script ideas for The Sidewalk Shuffle (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL