The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Quicksearch? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Hi, I'm a very new member here but I cannot seem to find the quicksearch option, please help. thank you so much, tom. by the way. this is an excellent website...thank you.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Tom, look right under the MagicCafe Logo where it says "Click here for PM's in old system". It's right under that.
Where the magic begins
magicsam
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicsam
The quicksearch doesn't, and hasn't ever worked for me. It goes onto the screen with the green box in the middle of the black background, saying 'Your search is in progress', but then it stops there and doesn't search! I have to go onto the advanced search in order to search!
Any explanations or theories as to why this doesn't work for me!!!
Thanks
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
That's mostly a browser issue, magicsam. For me and many others, Quicksearch works just fine. I do have a fix for that, which will be included in the next revision. I'm not sure when that will be ready though.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
erniep33
View Profile
New user
Marysville, WA
72 Posts

Profile of erniep33
What browser versions allow you to use it. I can't seem to use the quick search or the advanced search and I don't want to continually post things which have already been covered. Thanks in advance
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
It works in IE5.0, IE5.5, IE6.0.2, Netscape4.75, Netscape4.72, Netscape7, and Opera6 that I know of. I don't know which ones the search doesn't work in.
erniep33
View Profile
New user
Marysville, WA
72 Posts

Profile of erniep33
I have IE 6.0.26 and it doesn't seem to work with that. Maybe in the next update that Gene is talking about.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
I have IE6.0.28, and it works in that version. If that's any help.
RBerteig
View Profile
Regular user
Monrovia, California
146 Posts

Profile of RBerteig
I run IE6.0.2800.1106 (SP1, plus all the security fixes windows update can slap on it)

Quicksearch has yet to work for me. I see the green box. Once I left it sitting for 20 minutes. No further update.
Ross Berteig
Wizards in my Parlor
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
My version is also IE6.0.2800 and quicksearch runs fine for me as well.
Where the magic begins
jason0389
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of jason0389
Quote:
On 2004-06-10 02:03, RBerteig wrote:
I run IE6.0.2800.1106 (SP1, plus all the security fixes windows update can slap on it)

Quicksearch has yet to work for me. I see the green box. Once I left it sitting for 20 minutes. No further update.

Thats exactly what I have and it doesn't work for me either.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Check to make sure you have the "Allow META refresh" box checked in your security settings. Not allowing META refresh will cause a problem with the search engine working properly. As Gene said, he is going to fix that in the next revision of the search engine.
jason0389
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of jason0389
Quote:
On 2004-06-10 15:08, Mary B. wrote:
Check to make sure you have the "Allow META refresh" box checked in your security settings. Not allowing META refresh will cause a problem with the search engine working properly. As Gene said, he is going to fix that in the next revision of the search engine.

I do and it still doesn't work. Any more ideas that might work?

[/quote]
Seth Graves
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Seth Graves
I also have the compatible version of IE and the META thing fixed, but Quicksearch has yet to work for me. Thanks!

Seth
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I also have IE 6.0.2800.1106, SP1 with all security patches and Quicksearch doesn't work. I just use the regular search...no big deal for me.

Computers are such finicky beasts...I just work around their various idiosyncrasies. With all the work around here, I just figure Gene and Mary have bigger fish to fry.
Coram Deo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Quicksearch? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL