The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from the |UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

peterdilger
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of peterdilger
I am ancient compared to many of the new arrivals. Having worked internationally for many many years as a business growth consultant and trainer in the middle east Asia Africa Europe and even the USA I am now semi retired. Magic has played a major part in helping me to create a more informal atmosphere in my workshops especially when promoting creative thinking programmes. Cards have always been my favourite as they are easy to carry through customs onto planes but also because I just like them.

I now have more time to perfect, or even acquire, a few skills and I have to thank members of the Café forum for providing great advice when I have been looking to buy tricks/products the latest being the AFW wallet.

I look forward to spending time, in the café , gaining more insight into the world of magic
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Welcome to the Magic Café forum peterdilger

Just curious on how you initiated magic in your workshops and what wizardry you performed.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome peterdilger,

I like to carry a deck myself.

Best of fun in your deepening interest in cards.

-Mary Mowder
peterdilger
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of peterdilger
Hi TomB
many thanks for the welcome -- as one example I used the magic as ice breakers at the start of a workshop

when discussing problem solving one of the topics is working from a known outcome for example I would use a magic trick and discuss that the only known outcome or even known action was at the end ie the result and then look at the technique of working backwards to try to establish the events/sequence. I would often set them the task of coming up with a way I could have done it and giving the team with the best answer the deck of cards as a memento. this could then be linked to a problem that needed to be solved and have them mimic the process working back from the known outcome
Loads of other ways to incorporate tricks and it always adds an element of surprise and interest
peterdilger
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of peterdilger
Thanks Mary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from the |UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL